This position is responsible for performing electrical duties in and around the buildings of the hospital, as assigned. Able to perform electrical construction duties on in house maintenance or construction projects.
Scope: Journeyman Level Proficiency
1. Performs preventative maintenance on assigned electrical equipment to ensure optimum operation, efficiency and safety requirements that meet facility standards and regulatory requirements.
2. Performs corrective maintenance and repairs, including documentation on defective electrical equipment to ensure equipment operate in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
3. Performs installation of electrical equipment as required to ensure optimum safety and efficiency.
4. Performs electrical work on all maintenance or construction jobs to National Electrical Code Standards. Complies with all federal, state, local and Joint Commission standards.
5. Communicates effectively with department manager and staff at all levels to promote effective repairs and good customer relations.
6. Complies with all department policies and expectations including but not limited to the following: Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of present policies and procedures for the department and facility. Submits accurate and timely time keeping documentation. Attends department meetings and training as assigned. Performs job-related duties which may include on call availability, event investigation, cross training, and maintenance of proper supply and part levels. Maintains tools and test equipment in proper operating condition.
7. Performs inspections on all incoming equipment according to engineering guidelines.
8. Lays out and coordinates electrical work with other trades on projects. Plans and estimates electrical projects including manpower and materials. Reads and utilizes blueprints.
9. Prioritizes workloads and manages time effectively with minimal supervision.
10. Directs the work of others. Guides and mentors apprentice electricians.
Journeyman Electrician License
Four years electrical experience
Ability to trouble-shoot electrical circuitry, electronic controls, mechanical equipment, pneumatic equipment and DDC, and read and interpret technical documentation
Trade school completion
Carrying, Climbing, Crawling, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/ Pushing, and Squatting / Kneeling, Standing
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 18 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...