Cleared Junior Windows System Administrator (Job Number: 320592)
The Cleared Windows System Administrator will provide information systems support at the SAIC facility in Arlington, VA (Ballston). The position requires the ability to work independently and as part of the IT team to support the missions of the information systems. The successful candidate will be able to work comfortably at all levels of support, from resolving user desktop problems to providing guidance and recommendations to management for strategic planning purposes. The System Administrator will work on systems of varying complexity. Responsibilities will include tasks encompassing the full system lifecycle:
- ****A CURRENT US GOVT TOP SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQURIED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW FOR THIS POSITION*****
- Workstation and server builds
- Windows XP/7, Windows Server 2003/2008, system imaging with Ghost
- Network setup
- LAN configuration using TCP/IP v4, DNIS, DHCP
- Security configuration
- Security Configuration and Analysis console, Group Policy Editor, inf security templates, device control
- System documentation
- System requirements, Visio diagrams, maintenance logs, issue ticketing
- System accreditation
- System Security Plans, DCID 6/3 and JAFAN 6/3 requirements
- User and Group management
- Computer Management console, Active Directory Users and Computers
- Security Auditing
- Windows Event Viewer, evt log files, event filtering
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A TOP SECRET security clearance with a current SSBI is mandatory for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience and training.
- 3 - 4 years of experience administering Windows workstations and servers.
- 1 year experience working in a classified information system environments
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Windows Server system administration.
- Good communication skills to convey system and task status to users, program management, and line management.
- Must have experience supporting classified systems and the required security guidelines associated with secure facilities.
- Working knowledge of Linux system administration (user management, audit logs, file permissions).
- Knowledge of Active Directory administration (users, groups, group policy, organizational units).
- Information assurance implementation experience based on JAFAN 6/3 and DCID 6/3, including System Security Plans (SSP), user training, certification & testing, and security assessment support.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 19, 2013, 5:13:35 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
SAIC - 23 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...