As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
GDIT is seeking a Windows Server Administrator to support our Federal Government customer. Candidate will work within a team of Server Admins supporting the Application Hosting Environment within the clients Enterprise Operations IT infrastructure.
Additional Skills Required
- Build/rebuild Windows servers and configure related network/disk systems.
- Configure/operate/maintain Microsoft SQL and IIS.
- Clearly document procedures and solutions.
- Research and innovative, automating system administration tasks where possible.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Provide after-hours on-call support for managed systems.
- Managing non-Windows systems, such as Virtualization, network load balancing/SSL offloading, and network based storage devices.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Windows
- Experience with Microsoft SQL and IIS
- Familiarity with virtualization systems and network design (layer 2/layer 3)
- Willingness to work on projects far outside the scope of prior experience
5-8 years of related systems engineering experience.
MCSE/MCITP Server and/or VMWare a plus but not required, again relevant experience more important
- Ability to plan for data center capacity changes.
- Maintain and manage an inventory of equipment.
- Manage and install systems, replace cables, components and accessories.
- Maintain records, drawings and schematics of the data center.
- Ability to coordinate with Facilities in the management/monitoring of HVAC and Power systems.
- Ability to assist Storage Area Network (SAN) team supporting the storage area networks (SANs)
- Monitor, analyze and report on data storage utilization.
- Document, review and maintain data storage management procedures
- Desired certifications -
Eligible for TS Clearance.
- Must have/be eligible for a DOE Q clearance
- Must be a US Citizen
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT),...