Redhat Linux / Apache System Administrator
***6 Month Contract to Hire Position***
The System Administrator is a key technical resource and will need to provide technical support for the development team and various projects. As new technologies emerge and impact our systems, the System Administrator is expected to learn these technologies very quickly and resolve any problems involved in integration with our systems.
Day to day tasks:
- Design of the cloud environment and standup environments in the cloud. Monitor cloud environments for performance and stability and take both proactive and reactive measures to correct and prevent issues.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity and security of servers and systems used in a cloud environment and services and troubleshoots networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational problems.
- Providing fellow system administrators, developers and support staff with technical support and guidance.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Apache, JBOSS EAP, JBOSS SAP, across several VM.
- Administration of the AWS cloud environments
- Deployment of code to development, testing, training and production environments from SVN
- Oracle Database administration
- Apache configuration and rewrite configuration
- DNS and LDAP configuration
- SSL installation
- Red Hat Linux installation updates/security patches
- Administration of JBOSS EAP, JBOSS SOA-P administration
- User access administration in Linux for developers
- Managing windows administration
- Managing VPN network connectivity
- Help development, test and helpdesk teams identify issues with application and help find solutions.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with AWS cloud management for e.g. creating VPC, installing VM using AMI and creating AMI for different environments. Creating network connectivity and ensuring security parameters are correct. Ability to troubleshoot issues in a cloud hosting environment. Working with S3, EBS etc.
- Advanced knowledge of the Linux operating system.
- Advanced knowledge of Apache.
About the person:
- Working with virtual environments in AWS
- Working knowledge and experience of RedHat
- Experience in Configuration Management and knowledge of a versioning system (SVN, CVS) is highly desirable.
- Experience maintaining network connectivity for standard Internet services such as VPN, DNS, NFS, DHCP and FTP.
- Experience of clustering, backup configuration and DR exercises preferred
- A background in UNIX OS, preferably with Linux/UNIX administration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Dependable to complete work as expected to a high standard.
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal support and guidance.