Nelson Staffing is currently seeking a Purchasing Supervisor for a client located in Palo Alto, CA. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity
Compensation: $60,000 annually plus (DOE)
The Purchasing Supervisor will be responsible for building a system for the company from the ground level by creating a viable work flow process. This involves establishing the company's purchasing policies and procedures, documenting exactly how requests for goods and services gain approval, how to place and execute orders and the process for approving invoices for the accounts payable function.
· Minimum 3-5 years experience in purchasing or equivalent operational tenure, preferably high-technology start-up environment
· Requires a strong knowledge of procure-to-pay practices and techniques
· Must have initiative, be dependable and flexible in a fast paced work environment
· Must use excellent customer service skills and establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal customers, managers and suppliers.
· Requires ability to read, interpret and administer contract specifications within the Procurement process
· BS/BA Degree or equivalent
For a full listing of jobs, go to www.nelsonjobs.com , our premier job search engine for candidates. Comprised of three major business units—Nelson & Associates, Nelson Staffing, and Nelson Technology—this company with 40+ years in staffing provides recruiting services to clients and candidates in accounting & finance, clerical, administration, human resources, technology, light industrial, manufacturing, legal, engineering, computer gaming, digital media, and the wine and beverage industries. Nelson places job candidates quickly in a number of fields in full-time, executive, consultative, and temporary positions.
NelsonJobs - 11 months ago
For nearly 35 years Nelson Staffing has been providing part-time and regular full-time employees to wineries and vineyards throughout...