Entergy Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. We own and operate power plants, and are the second-largest nuclear generator in the United States. This position will be located at our Palisades Nuclear Station in Covert, MI.
Salary: $85,000 - $127,000 per year
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide first line supervision of Entergy full time and temporary Modifications personnel in a safe, productive manner.
- Manage multiple and possibly conflicting priorities.
- Proficient at managing a multi-disciplined Modifications group possibly including union and contractor oversight.
- Maintains an excellent understanding of the work management process.
- Must be able to function as a team leader.
- Ability to assist in Modifications budget development and function within the budget.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization including representing the Modifications department at all meetings.
- Ensure assigned Modifications tasks are performed as safely and efficiently as possible.
- Propose time saving tooling and work methods.
- Ensure all Modifications activities are performed within regulatory and procedural guidelines.
- Ability to manage Modifications personnel and resolve employee conflict or concerns.
- Interface with other Entergy sites to maximize resource sharing for Modifications.
- Interface with regulatory and industry representatives on behalf of station Modifications activities.
- Communicate Modifications technical information, concepts, and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Participate in the shared resources program.
- Serve as a member of the Emergency Response Organization.
- Reports to: Supt, Support - Site
- High school diploma, 2 years of technical training, and 5 years of experience in the related field.
- B.S. in Engineering or related technical degree may be credited for 3 years of experience.
- Technical proficiency in the Modifications area.
- Technical understanding of nuclear generation principles and operation.
- See applicable Reg. Guides (i.e., RG 1.8), ANSI / ANS Standards (i.e., 3.1 - 1978), and site TSs / FSAR / Procedures for any additional specific requirements.
Apply online at:
- At least 5 years experience in the associated department.
- SRO or certification on BWR or PWR.
- Proficiency with current computer business applications.
Click on job postings and enter Job Requisition Number #109397
Entergy offers excellent benefits including relocation, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, paid vacation, holidays and more. Entergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ENGINEERING.com - 4 years ago
Entergy New Orleans lights up the path for the unsteady, libation-influenced patrons of Bourbon Street and others in the Crescent City. The...