Work with Executive Director to:
Oversee all camp activities.
Conduct pre-camp training.
Review all camper and camp staff physical and health history forms prior to camp.
Comply with staff personnel policies.
Consult with Camp Medical Director regularly during camp season.
Ensure the health and safety of all campers.
Meet with parents at the opening and close of the camp session.
Participate in planning camp activity schedule and ensure delivery of program activities.
Participate in staff meetings.
Other duties as assigned by the ADA Executive Director and Camp Medical Director.
* Experience in diabetes education preferred, and/or awareness of diabetes management and education strategies.
* Demonstrated ability to work with children.
* Awareness of diabetes management and education strategies.
* Awareness of potential health and safety issues and ways to control them in the camp environment.
* Readiness and ability to adapt to camp environment.
* Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a team member.
* Knowledge of appropriate behavior management techniques with children and adults.
Get ready for the experience of your lifetime and embrace the life changing adventure of Diabetes Camp.
"Together we can Stop Diabetes"
American Diabetes Association - 13 months ago