The primary purpose of this position evaluating oil and gas reserves, both for regional analysis and specific field areas.
This is a senior level position and will perform the required tasks with minimal supervision.
- Essential functions may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide type curve production analyses for all the major drilling areas as wells as potential drilling areas.
- Provide production, EUR, decline curve, and PUD location analyses.
- Provide historical and forecasted reserve information for purposes of budgeting and hedging.
- Evaluate oil and gas properties for potential acquisitions.
- Identify and troubleshoot internal production problems.
- Assist Director of Production when necessary.
- Provide internal evaluations of oil and gas assets for management planning purposes.
- Calculate both in-place and recoverable reserves of oil and gas.
- Any other job-related duty as deemed appropriate by management.
Qualifications & Work Environment:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of reservoir engineering, the OGRE program, word processing, spreadsheets, and database manipulation and management.
- Ability to plan and complete short and long-term projects accurately and in a timely manner. Ability to organize and communicate project results efficiently.
- Skill in the use of the OGRE software, spreadsheets, word processors, and database programs to manipulate data across a wide array of digital formats
Education, Training, and Experience
5 - 10 years of experience.
Work in this position is primarily based in an office where there is no exposure to extreme hot/cold temperatures which is well-lit and relatively free from dangerous working conditions.
- BS in Petroleum Engineering
Atlas Resource Partners, L.P. (NYSE: ARP) is an E&P master limited partnership active in oil and gas production in the Barnett Shale in...