For over 30 years, LAMPS PLUS has been synonymous with excellence in the lighting retail industry. Established in 1976, LAMPS PLUS is the nation's leading specialty lighting company, with over 40 showrooms throughout the western United States and LampsPlus.com, one of Internet Retailers Top 150 websites. Each year, over five million customers shop our stores and online for the largest selection of decorative lighting and ceiling fans, along with furniture and home accessories, to suit all décor styles.
Under the supervision of the Director of Information Technology, the Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for all the planning, installation, upgrading, maintaining and support of the servers and all server software that make up the company infrastructure. This includes all domain account and email administration. This position works in conjunction with other System Engineers in the department.
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER - Chatsworth, CA
Key Job Responsibilities:
How to Apply:
- Responsible for monitoring the health of the servers and taking the appropriate action to maintain system integrity, availability, including documenting procedures. Analyzing log files and drawing conclusions form their contents; monitoring the consumption of critical resources.
- Develop and maintain a thorough plan for upgrading the current system including operating systems, application software, equipment and the implementation schedule as needed. This will entail evaluating multiple products (or options) and making a determination regarding their applicability and their value to the company.
- Troubleshoot and resolve server software related problems.
- Maintain virtual environments including VMware, MS Hyper-V and Citrix Xen Server.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the XenServer hypervisor, VMs, storage repositories, and resource allocation using Citrix XenCenter.
- Through the use of SAN, manage 65 terabytes of storage, across 2 sites. Configure, maintain and allocate storage for different enterprise applications. Maintain iscsi connections, storage and replay profiles.
- Create and maintain VDI environment from VMs to endpoints.
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including 401k with employer matching contribution, generous employee discounts and much more. JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 5-7 years of experience working with server systems with strong emphasis on Windows based applications.
- 4 year college degree is desirable. MSCE certification required.
- Experience in MS Active Directory and MS Domain Administration, VMware ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V, Xen Server, Citrix Xen Desktop/XenApp, SAN-Dell and Shoretel VOIP. Compellent and AdiTime and MS SQL 2005/2008 a plus.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills to maintain an efficient operating environment.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and produce reports as requested by management.
- Must possess skills and knowledge to maintain the server in top condition at all times.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain uptimes of 99.9% on server applications.
- Must be able to work on Saturdays and Sundays, holidays and after hours on an as needed basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs, walk, sit and type for long periods of time.
LAMPS PLUS, Inc. - 19 months ago