Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc. (JMT), is currently seeking a motivated and experienced candidate to join JMTs rapidly growing oil and gas engineering practice. Employee will be capable of field to finish surveying work, and will be well versed in the use of a Trimble robotic total station/ GPS unit. Duties will also include operating a wide range of equipment and assisting the chief surveyor; recording field notes and providing relevant sketches in the field books to ensure that field data is accurately represented in a AUTOCAD Civil 3D format drawing once downloaded. The successful applicant will also be able to review existing conditions drawings to assure compliance with company and client design and production.
- Detail oriented.
- Flexibility to support time-critical project document production in order to meet demanding schedules.
- Must have a working knowledge of GIS+ surveying
- Familiarity with PENNDOT and FAA surveying requirements or procedures are a plus.
- Strong verbal and writing skills necessary.
- Due to the nature of the work, individuals must be able to perform job duties in various terrain, climates and weather conditions and must be willing to travel to field sites locally and out of the area.
- Strong computer skills are required. Experience in MS Office and AutoCAD Civil 3D is required. Ability to use Microstation preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Surveying experience in the oil and gas industry is preferred.
- Experience in operating effectively in a fast-paced, high-production office environment; in building successful team relationships and in maintaining positive co-worker interactions.
- Experience in well plat preparation in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia preferred.
JMT is dedicated to engineering a brighter future for its employees, and this commitment has enabled us to become one of the fastest growing...