This position provides clinical ppsychiatric nursing care to patients in an outpatient community clinic setting. Thie position has independent responsibility and accountability in clinical decision-making, performing the duties if a Nurse Practitioner/Clinical Nurse Specialist.
As an extension of the Physician, provides full primary care and holistic approach to medical treatment and diagnosis. Responsible for in-patient medication management and therapy. Provides psychiatric and psychosocial diagnoses, and implements a wide variety of interventions with patients and families. Also function in the indirect role of consultant and educator with other health care providers in the health care system. The Nurse Practitioner would work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary teams of Psychiatrists, Physicians, DON, Intake/Admission Specialists, Social Workers, and Discharge Planners.
Interested candidates, please submit resume and salary history with letter of interest to:
Shaker Clinic, Human Resources, 20600 Chagrin Blvd., Suite #620, Shaker Hts., OH 44122 ... 216-751-5894 (fax)
Experience: Minimum of two (2) years psychiatric and/or geriatric experience.
- Knowledge of implementation of milieu management and therapeutic interaction
- Experience working in a psychiatric multidisciplinary team.
- Previous experience working as a Psychiatric Nurse.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DSM IV-TR.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the de-escalation of agitated, poorly self-controlled individual.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the prescribing of psychotropic medication.
- Understanding of the biological and socio-cultural dimensions influencing mental health.
- Knowledge in the area of mental health counseling, to include assessment, interpretation, management and evaluation of patient care.
- Previous experience in supervision and mentoring of nursing staff preferred. Program development, implementation and evaluation knowledge preferred.
- Ability to work with geriatric populations as demonstrated through educational accomplishment or work experience .
- A working knowledge of JCAHO, ODMH, and patient rights standards, and any other applicable federal and state laws and regulations governing mental health care facilities relating to direct patient care.
- Demonstrates a strong interest in providing therapeutic care for patients/clients with mental illness and/or behavioral disorders.
Behavioral Centers of America - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard