Provides network architecture and design services to Scottsdale Healthcare in the discipline of system architecture and component integration; ensures that technical solutions solve business problems; possesses a much broader range of business and technical expertise; translates business requirements into technical requirements and assists other team members in designing and implementing solutions. This role designs architecture-centric solutions for the network environment (Both WAN and LAN structures) in addition to providing guidance to the business sponsors and developers in delivering solutions that adhere to and that meet the strategic objectives set forth by the IT Leadership.
This person is able to work independently in support of specific business initiatives, as well as on teams of various sizes and makeup that may involve direct reports, peers, managers, vendors, customers, consultants. Also able to work at the enterprise level to make technical decisions that adhere to the Enterprise Architecture standards.
The Senior Network Architect is directly responsible for designing and implementing the overall SHC WAN and LAN infrastructure design, providing network connectivity availability within SHC defined performance goals and mentoring, leading and coaching the Sr Network and Network Engineers in providing those services. This person will work with a cross-section of internal IT personnel, vendors and the management team to coordinate delivery of network communications functions.
This individual will also participate in on-call support functions as well as disaster recovery execution as applicable.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, related field
8 years experience in a similar role
8 years of experience with network design implementation and management, Including:
- 5 years of experience in the healthcare industry.
- 8 years developing large-scale, distributed, semantically interoperable systems.
- Experience with Network Architecture modeling techniques to create the right-sized specification to which development teams design and implement.
- Experience in design and development in interfaces/interoperability solutions for mixed network environments including virtual network technology
- Experience working with Linux and Windows platforms, and associated integration techniques
- Experience implementing Secure Web Services, Single Sign On, and Token Security
- Experience working with WAN architecture including MPLS, VPLS, ATM and other popular mesh network designs. Experienced in Cisco, Brocade, Nortel and Avaya Networks and similar vendor products for WAN and LAN management. Specific experience with Cisco Nexus, Cisco conventional routing, DHCP, DNS, firewalls, traffic filters like Barracuda or Cisco systems, and Load Balancers (F5 or similar structures)
- Experience with convergent network technologies specifically data, voice (VOIP) and video.
- Network Architecture: Advanced knowledge of WAN architecture including MPLS, VPLS, ATM and other popular mesh network designs. Cisco, Brocade, Nortel and Avaya Networks and similar vendor products for WAN and LAN management. Specific expertise with Cisco Nexus, Cisco conventional routing, DHCP, DNS, firewalls, traffic filters like Barracuda or Cisco systems, and Load Balancers (F5 or similar structures). Also with convergent network technologies specifically data, voice (VOIP) and video.
- Must understand how to construct components that can be packaged and deployed as desired to help the organization break up product silos into product packages of cohesive components.