Detailed job information...
Area Sales Manager
Area Sales Manager
512 Carriage House Drive
The Area Sales Manager role on our team will be responsible for working with the District Sales Manager (DSM) to train, coach, and motivate employees within an assigned 3-5 business unit area ensuring team achievement of sale quotas according to company standards. Individual in this role will travel to assigned business units throughout area on a weekly basis, but will be based out of a specified business unit and also function as the working Agent Manager for that office with direct responsibilities for achievement of associated daily objectives.
- Work closely with store agents and agent managers to ensure the execution of daily sales and operation procedures (ie, operational assessments, key selling activities, weekly marketing activities, sales processes, etc) and the obtainment of customer service standards.
- Provide regular communication/motivation and training/develop to all staff within assigned units via in-person individual coaching, group training, team calls, and formal/ informal written communications
- Partner/coordinate with DSM, District Sales Trainer and Human Resources to address additional training needs, performance gaps and to make recommendations on performance management issues
- Develop and implement area sales & marketing plans to further Direct General brand in local market and drive sales results. This includes building relationships with community organizations and local business
- Meet and exceed individual sales and customer service goals through new product sales, cross selling and retention of current customers. This includes assisting customers on a daily basis with payments, quoting, and writing new business/renewals
- Drive recruitment activities for assigned area and conduct first level interviews
- Assist agents in identifying and monitoring competitive information for individual business units and provide suggestion to leadership on initiatives to improve Direct General's position in the marketplace
- Understand, promote and remain current on company underwriting guidelines, announcements, and memos related to changes in company policies and procedures.
- Complete regular office assessments, submitting results to the DSM
- Handle staff scheduling, including PTO requests and coverage needs, monitor attendance for assigned stores and handle timekeeping and payroll processes for assigned stores
- Perform other assigned duties and special projects as needed
- High School Diploma/equivalent required, Bachelors Degree preferred
- Prior experience in an Agent Manager or Lead Agent role strongly preferred. Multi-unit experience helpful
- Active Property/Casualty and Life Insurance Licensure is an ongoing requirement of the job. Current licensure for the state the individual is to be employed in is strongly preferred and may be given preference
- Strong leadership, team building skills with ability to motivate, coach and train team members
- Excellent customer relationship building skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Strong problem solving and decision making ability
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills, with attention to detail
- Regular travel between sales office locations within assigned geographic area is required. Valid driver's license and good driving record is needed
Working knowledge of insurance agency operations, including insurance regulations required
Direct Auto Insurance
- 3 years ago - save job
Direct Auto Insurance* was founded in 1991 by William C. Adair, Jr. His vision included replacing the traditional non-standard auto...