Project Manager II
Plans, organizes and manages the daily operation, maintenance and testing of a wastewater treatment system/facility, municipal wastewater treatment facilities rated at least 2 million gallons per day with NPDES permits, public works system or multiple sites. Assures compliance with established environmental, safety, operating, standards, policies and emergency response procedures. Maintains ongoing client interface to keep client informed and enhance client relations
- Manages daily operation and maintenance and ensures compliance with operational, QA/QC, safety, environmental, and performance metrics. Typically works through Operations, Maintenance and/or Lab Supervisors to ensure that plant resources are being utilized to achieve project objectives.
- Teaches cost control and provides effective counsel / direction, especially where corrective actions are needed.
- Manages the human resource functions of the facility or unit including hiring and firing, salary and job change actions, and coaching and counseling team. Works with HSE and training team to ensure that all personnel receive safety and process training. Coaches and counsels supervisors and leads to improve technical skills and interpersonal, supervisory and problem resolution skills. Works to identify and provide opportunities for team to learn new skills and techniques. Administers labor agreements to ensure compliance.
- Reviews and evaluates process reports, records, logs, and graphs to confirm adequacy of present and projected process needs. Ensures that uniform monitoring and recordkeeping are performed facility-wide. Prepares reports concerned with chemical and bacteriological analyses of water for administrative purposes and regulatory agencies.
- Administers client contracts to ensure compliance and customer satisfaction and prompt identification and client notification of scope changes. Performs all baseline client relations duties, including preparation and presentation of progress and special reports. Participates in client meetings, special award programs and handles resolution of client service problems in a professional manner. Assists with the preparation and/or review of reports to regulatory agencies and assists with public relations duties as necessary.
- Develops site objectives in conjunction with Area Manager and assists staff in developing goals and activities in their respective areas in order to meet overall business objectives. Establishes the standards, guidelines and objective measures to monitor progress. Implements process improvements, new concepts, technologies and practices.
- Evaluates employee performance, matches abilities and job requirements and capitalizes on talents to effectively meet business objectives. Ensures that business initiatives and progress toward goals are effectively communicated to employees.
- Proactively manages safety, plant appearance and environmental issues and ensures compliance with Federal and State standards including Hazardous Waste Disposal and Air Quality Standards. Ensures that issues are identified and addressed and elevated if necessary in a timely manner.
- Maintains an up-to-date plan of action to be taken in event of emergencies such as machine, equipment or power failure, or need to release dammed water to affect flood control. Manages emergencies in an effective manner.
- At least 10 years of wastewater treatment plant operations experience required.
- At least 5 years of experience operating a 2 million gallons per day (MGD) or more required.
- At least 5 years of progressive supervisory and management experience required.
- At least 5 years of budgeting capabilities required.
- At least 2 years of sequencing batch reactor process required.
- Laboratory QA/QC experience required.
- Wastewater treatment certification required.
- Equivalent related experience preferred
- Ten or more years progressive supervisory and management experience within a similar environment with thorough knowledge of the methods, techniques, principles, and practices used.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and ability to manage resources (personnel, equipment, materials, facilities, funds and reputation).
- Knowledge of Process / Operations Management, QA/QC procedures, Safety, Environmental and Facilities / Capital Equipment Management. Demonstrates above average expertise in at least one of the key areas of general knowledge.
- Ingenuity and initiative are required to coordinate problem resolution, resolve conflicting priorities and to meet assignment deadlines within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions with careful consideration of the merits of alternative choices, to draw conclusions, resolve disputes and exercise judgement forthrightly and unambiguously.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget preparation and cost control and have the ability to forecast budget, staffing and equipment needs.
- Demonstrated effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills in order to interface with and motivate all levels of personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, effective, complete and easily understood written communications and reports.
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and database software and the ability to optimize the use of technology and systems to communicate, manage budget and to streamline processes and increase efficiency. Familiarity with maintenance, operation, regulatory reporting and cost estimating software.
- Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
- Demonstrated commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the Company's Code of Business Conduct and other Company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call if required by site.
- Valid Driver's license and safe driving record.
- Occassion travel for training or meetings.
Operation/Maintenance / Construction / Transport Project Manager
United States-Virgin Islands-St. Thomas
Jun 18, 2013, 10:33:10 PM
A levels / GED / High School Diploma / NCEA level 3 / Leaving Certificate
- 2 years ago - save job
Veolia ES Solid Waste Services is cleaning up in the waste management market. A unit of Veolia Environmental Services North America, the...