Mainstay Job Coaches provide training and job supports to supported employees, on the job, at their place of employment. Training and supports are provided ongoing for the duration of the job. These supports are individualized for the need of the supported worker and their job site. Some participants use a job coach a few hours weekly, others may use job coaches several hours monthly. Regardless of the amount of support the supported worker receives, the job coach is fundamental for their success and job stability.
As an energetic, organized and professional member of our team, you work with multiple individuals who work in a variety of jobs throughout the greater Seattle area. The Job Coach works closely with the supported employee to insure the employer’s job performance expectations are met. The Job Coach also works with co-workers and supervisors on site, to facilitate build communication and natural supports. The Job Coach, with assistance from the Rehabilitation Counselor, provides systematic instruction, and carries out the individual’s employment plans. The Job Coach is supervised by the Director of Mainstay.
A partial list of employers/jobs where Mainstay supports clients:
Starbucks-Barista Assistant, City of Seattle-Various job sites including Public Utilities, Mayor's Office, Human Resources/Various positions: Clerical, Maintenance worker, Mail Delivery, Reception Premera Blue Cross-Mail Room Safeway-Courtesy Clerks, Deli, Bakery Fred Lynn Manor-Kitchen Assistant.
Selected candidate must pass criminal background check.
Seattle Community Colleges are committed to recruiting dedicated faculty and staff who together create a welcoming academic climate that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community, including ethnicity, national origin, religion, race, gender, gender identity, age, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, disability, political status, and sexual orientation.
- Provide training and job supports to supported employees, on the job, at their place of employment.
- Work with multiple individuals who work in a variety of jobs throughout the greater Seattle area.
- Work closely with the supported employee to insure the employer’s job performance expectations are met.
- Provide systematic instruction, and carries out the individual’s employment plans.
Required Education, Experience & Abilities:
- High School Diploma.
- Passion for helping people with disabilities live and work inclusively in the community of their choice.
- Demonstrated ability to be a quick learner and effective problem solver.
- Varied job experiences.
- Familiarity working with diverse populations.
- Ability to represent Mainstay at Seattle Central at community events.
- Good driving record and documented proof of insurance coverage.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Function effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Dependable, prompt and professional – able to work with autonomy.
- Basic computer skills – must be able to use Microsoft Office and data base software.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.