The Operations Manger I is the strength of the operational soundness in the branch network that indirectly supervises the operational performance of all colleagues within approximately 16 branches. This level OM has above standard expertise and knowledge and can train new OM’s as well as covers multiple territories when other OM’s are unavailable. They are solely responsible to coach branch operational performance and knowledge to ensure an above standard operational and audit performance. This position is critical to building the operational foundation in the branches that strength will be tested by both internal and external examiners. They must possess the knowledge and expertise to work independently and through discussion and observation detect and correct operational weakness that could result in poor risk management performance and create undo concern related to financial, regulatory and reputational risk. The must also accomplish their goals by managing through influence and demonstrated leadership with their branches & Regional Managers in order to achieve desired operational goals. This individual is a key partner with the BM, RM and MAM on all new operationally projects implemented or any operational needs of Senior Management..
Ensures that the retail branch network stays current with policy, regulatory requirements and key strategic process changes in tandem with Consumer & Business Banking’s goals and expectations. This includes validation of branch operational soundness and colleague knowledge, through task observation, monitoring performance through reports, and one on one coaching on areas of weakness to ensure passing or above on any internal or external audits by examiners. This individual works with little supervision and is solely accountable for assessing the branch overall performance and their ability to pass an audit or external branch review.
Designs and Delivers individualized coaching sessions that:
Focus on both understanding and reacting to the Branch Assurance Program (BAP) and the Branch Ops Effectiveness Scorecard
- On board new or newly promoted branch management colleagues
- Delivers on the job training in support of operational processes, policies or programs
- Support the flawless execution of any new operational/regulatory initiatives across assigned region
Individual is expected to work directly with Regional Managers and MAMs in support of & decision making in respect to all operational improvement plans, notification of any suspicious activity, understanding of new programs and process and provide any operational administrative support to demonstrate strong leadership and partnership with senior management.
Through analyzing of data, observation in the field and knowledge of associated risks, individuals are expected to contribute to work flow or process change and redesign, serving as functional expert.”
Colleague is expected to form close partnerships with branch colleagues, regional managers, and other business line partners that support the branch network.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Utilize expertise to independently assess areas of improvement based on observation in the field and develop coaching plans to support success.
- Frequent interaction with Regional Managers to discuss observations in the branches and to update retail on the status of the colleagues and issues being coached. This includes telephone conversations or in person meetings at least weekly and the distribution of a weekly regional manager update.
- Daily interaction, coaching and training of branch colleagues
- Review of tools available to determine potential areas of concern in assigned branches and create and deliver coaching plans accordingly
- Training of new branch management colleagues within 60-90 days of their appointment
- Emergency response for robbery or facilities issue as required
- General operational support contact for assigned branches and RM’s
Position is critical in not only mitigating Operational Risk elements throughout assigned branch network area, but also, ensuring the minimal to no exposure to potentially significant regulatory fines, reputational and financial risks based on large losses due to branch non-adherence and lack of controls.
- High School or Equivalent (GED) - Required
- Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree - Preferred
- Experience in branch operations and a working knowledge of bank policy and procedure and regulations is critical to the success of this position
Risk awareness, knowledge of branch operations, effective communications. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Mainframe, Touchpoint, and Oracle experience is recommended.
- 2-5 years experience working as either Teller Manager, Banker II or higher or similar positions at another financial institution
- 1-2 years coaching, mentoring or training experience preferred but not required, however an aptitude for building partnerships through coaching is required
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of RBS Citizens, N.A. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other factor protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Citizens Financial Group - 11 months ago