This position is accountable for the execution of the Digital and Print sales plan in their geographic area of responsibility. Directs a team of digitally savvy Digital Media Professionals (DMPs) ensuring that revenue retention, new business development and new product launch goals are achieved. Possesses the highest product and value proposition knowledge to develop their teams to high performance. Rides extensively with team to assess market conditions and recommend actions to campaign plans. Conducts periodic reviews to ensure individual and campaign pacing and forecasting.
• Reporting to the RVP, manages sales performance for the office or team of DMPs. The DSM provides input to the RVP regarding market conditions, competition, effectiveness of customer incentives and may recommend actions to gain market share.
• Accountable for the full scope of management of sales people including establishing and measuring sales goals, providing performance feedback & coaching and issuing disciplinary actions.
• Hires and develops a team of Digital Media Professionals. Works with the Multi-Media Training Manager and Digital Performance Coach to ensure that each DMP is knowledgeable and able to sell the full array of products.
• Works/rides with each DMP to ensure product knowledge, value proposition, market
incentives to effectively propose solutions. Builds effective development plans for the
success of each DMP on their team.
• Certifies all members of their team in product knowledge and value proposition.
• Establishes and monitors key pacing metrics and conducts periodic pipeline review to
effectively forecast results.
• Coaches, develops and monitors behavior and results to determine development needs. Takes appropriate disciplinary action when needed.
• Each Digital Sales Manager must be able to train their team and personally lead customers through conversations of:
• May work with the Division Manager or RVP to establish market and sales goals for the canvasses.
• May be assigned as “Canvass Leader” by the Division Manager for selected campaigns.
• Conducts aspects of Pre-Canvass, Workforce, Kickoff and Campaign planning as assigned.
• Directly accountable that each campaign is properly executed to achieve goals per standards.
• Completes periodic performance reviews and implements Digital Media Professionals development initiatives to meet the talent requirements of the team. Conducts the new hire selection process to replace talent as needed, consistent with company hiring requirements.
• Reviews and recommends Special Situations to the Division Manager/RVP within guidelines.
• Effectively executes local plan resources (e.g. RCFs, incentives) within plan requirements.
• Properly manages contest resources to drive sales outcome and DMP behavior.
• Travels to designated offices as required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
A four year business degree preferred. A minimum of two to five years of sales management experience is required, preferably in an internet/digital environment. Possess proven track record of managing a team of Digital Media Professionals (sales representatives) across potentially concurrent canvasses and multiple markets.
• Strong leadership abilities with the ability to build an effective team. Capable of developing team members consistent with the sales training, value proposition and goals of the canvass.
• Superior Internet/Digital and Print product knowledge and personal selling skills.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills including Power point, Excel and Word
• Good organization and communication skills required (verbal and written). Ability to share vision and gain buy-in (build loyalty). Performance oriented leader with sound ability to manage team to daily outcomes. Ability to achieve goals through their team.
• Local market analytics and a solid set of computer skills are needed. Must have an in depth knowledge to pull reports needed to ensure proper pacing of their team and the canvass.
• Must be able to identify and diagnosis issues to ensure achievement of goals.
• Develops a work environment that motivates and maintains a high level of employee performance and morale.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
LocalEdge, Inc. - 21 months ago