Note to current employees only regarding the application deadline is 1/24/13-1/31/13
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for Cemetery operations maintenance building inside and outside. Maintains all vehicles and equipment. Assists with in house cleaning and maintenance.
ORGAN IZAT ION STRUCTURE
Typically reports to an operations Manager.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIB ILI TY AND AUTHORITY
All job functions and requirements are carried out within the context and framework of Stewart Enterprises' mission, stated values and ethical guidelines as well as policies and procedures and state, federal, and other regulatory requirements.
This position has all or a portion of the following major responsibilities:
1. Implement and maintain maintenance records by unit on auto fleet
2. Schedule and perform preventive and required maintenance for all vehicles and equipment
3. Perform necessary repairs due to equipment failure
4. Schedule and coordinate outside repair on fleet as needed with the approval from Area
5. Perform general cleaning detail and maintain the general appearance on all vehicles on a daily basis
6. Perform general housekeeping and appearance maintenance of shop area
7. Maintain and controls company owned tools, equipment and materials located in shop area and associated with auto repair
8. Maintain house cleaning duties and keep all lighting fixtures in working order
9. Perform other tasks and assignments as directed by management
The following decisions must be referred to the next level of management.
1. Any deviation from company policy
2. All requests for expenditure of costs associated to operation of fleet shop
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTAB ILI TIES
1. Must be able to operate and maintain the following equipment: All equipment in Cemetery operations, lawn mower, power hedger, etc.
2. Must be familiar with Truck and equipment engines and fluids
3. Must attend and participate in Company's safety programs
1. High school or equivalent education required
2. Knowledge of automotive and small engine repair
3. Ability to operate maintenance shop equipment
4. Must be able to drive company vehicle
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, move about, ambulate or commute in a moving vehicle. The employee is required to lift and push heavy objects. The employee is required to operate and handle tools. The employee is required to work outdoors and in adverse weather conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level of the work environment is usually high.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this
O death! Where is thy sting? Nowhere, if Stewart Enterprises has anything to do with it. The #2 provider of funeral services in North...