Bayer HealthCare (BHC) makes an important contribution to human and animal health with its innovative products and by researching new therapeutic approaches promoting science for a better life throughout everything that we do. Our Specialty Pharmaceutical business ranks among the top 10 specialty pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Our global research and development is focused in five distinct areas: Diagnostic Imaging, Hematology/Cardiology, Oncology, Specialized Therapeutics, and Women's Healthcare. As a specialty pharmaceuticals company, we focus our efforts in areas of high unmet medical need and where we can have the most impact. Our Medical Care division consists of Diabetes Care and Radiology and Interventional. The Diabetes Care division is one of the largest blood glucose monitoring businesses in the world, supporting customers in 100 countries. Radiology and Interventional is the world's leading supplier of contrast agents and injection systems for diagnostic and therapeutic medical procedures. The business also supplies mechanical systems for removing thrombi from blood vessels. Our Consumer Care business is a top competitor in many important product categories including analgesics, cough and cold, and nutritionals. More than 3,000 employees support 14 manufacturing sites in 11 countries dedicated to ensuring the delivery of a secure, high-quality, cost-effective supply of our products around the world. Our Animal Health business in North America is dedicated to making the world a better place for our veterinary customers, their clients, and the animals we all hold dear. Sales We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes. Bayer recognizes that science plays an integral part in everyday life and encourages all employees to make a difference through daily contributions to our organization†s mission. Related to this position, Bayer offers:
Promote customer brand loyalty by participating in or joining regional or local diabetes professional organizations that serve health care providers and or consumers;
- A global working environment with the opportunity for accountability for selling, promoting, and delivering a portfolio of diabetes products and services to accounts in targeted market segments, and contributing to regional and national Diabetes Care division sales and profit ;
- Gain the recommendation of medical providers such as Endocrinologists, Primarily Care Physicians, CDE†s/Nurse Educators, Pharmacists, and third-party payer personnel. As well as assuring patient or consumer access to the product or service through various distribution channels such as pharmacies, trade/retail outlets, and DCC†s/Mail Order†s;
- Maintain and grow Diabetes Care business within an assigned territory by developing an effective planning process (a business plan) and maintaining complete records of all high volume accounts, which include focused diabetes markets and top-decile heath care providers;
- Exceed customer expectations by sustaining regular contact and building superior relationships with key diabetes decision- makers and influencers;
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer Healthcare seeks an incumbent who possesses:
- Demonstrate proficiency in Diabetes products and services by managing the entire sales process, presenting (oral and written) all aspects of the diabetes products, maintaining working knowledge of existing marketing programs;
- Seek to network and team with those Specialty groups in the Diabetes and Pharmaceutical Divisions that will serve to increase outreach and frequency of targeted accounts and maximize sales opportunity and potential;
- Build Bayer†s image as a leader in Diabetes by engaging in promotional activities and by attending conventions, meetings, and symposiums, as assigned or directed;
- Practice expense control by keeping within a defined budget and managing given resources;
- Proficiently communicates on a daily basis using all mediums available † phone-mail, e-mail, etc. -- in order to adequately report data on the industry, territory, market trends, promotion and competitive activity;
- Support regional and national goals by participating in special projects (i.e. training or mentoring of new sales personnel and serving on sales and marketing advisory councils.
Bayer Healthcare also seeks an incumbent that preferably possesses:
- A Bachelor†s degree with a minimum of two years of sales experience;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills when dealing with customers, fellow employees, and management;
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivated, and possess advanced business knowledge (e.g. sales, marketing, finance) to meet/ exceed sales objectives;
- Intelligent and a quick learner to address customer questions or objectives based on technical knowledge of the product or disease state;
- Work effectively in a team environment;
- Proficient computer and software skills to maintain and input sales territory records and to complete sales data and promotional information;
- Strong negotiation skills needed to assure return of investment on sales and service transactions;
- A Bachelor†s degree preferably in Business or Life Sciences;
- Sales experience in the business or health industry.
- Salary and grade level commensurate with education and experience levels*
Bayerjobs.com - 17 months ago
For when you can't "bayer" the pain, Bayer Corporation makes your medicine. The US headquarters of pharmaceuticals and...