Auto req ID 8907BR
Job Title Engineer, Product, Associate
Business Unit Masco Cabinetry
Job Posting Category Engineering
City Ann Arbor
Country United States
Responsible for tasks and/or projects supporting the development of cabinetry products. Ensures drawings and product specifications are updated and disseminates applicable information to other departments.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Serve as project manager for basic to moderately complex projects and complete assigned subtasks for complex projects including new product development.
- Create and maintain CAD Models/Drawings as assigned by project team from Change Request approvals.
- Provide product data details to engineering documentation team to ensure Bill of Materials (BOM) information is current.
- Ensure drawing and product specification revisions are completed using change management system and processes.
- Conduct or ensure proper product testing is conducted.
- Analyze and provide recommendation for improvements related to quality and manufacturing opportunities.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives using DMAIC and Kaizen tools to improve products and processes.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
- 0-3 years experience in engineering or related technical field.
- 3D solid modeling and CAD software experience.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated successful ability to build positive partnerships and work collaboratively with cross-functional business teams.
- Demonstrated successful ability to organize and prioritize work to ensure timely deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
E-Verify English Masco Cabinetry is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
- Manufacturing process and/or new product development experience.
- Fundamental knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen activities and Six Sigma processes.
- Experience with SQL and/or queries.
Masco Cabinetry is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English , Spanish
E-Verity Right to Work Poster: English , Spanish
Masco - 30+ days ago
Masco's ideal customer is a home improvement junkie with a thing for cabinets -- and a hand-washing fetish. The company is a leading ma...