WOOD Consulting Services, Inc. is a dynamic and growing small business offering challenging opportunities to well qualified candidates. Since 1997, WOOD has brought innovative solutions to federal and state government clients in support of mission-critical requirements as a prime
contractor and as a subcontractor. Today, we are a leading provider of transformation services with special emphasis on interoperability challenges faced by clients such as the Department of Defense, the Federal Aviation Administration, the Department of the Treasury, the State of Maryland, and Howard County Government.
WOOD has a benefit package that ranks within the top 5% of local businesses. We invite you to visit our website at www.woodcons.com to learn more and to submit your resume. We look forward to speaking with you.
WOOD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,disability, or veteran status.
This position is for a Principal Systems Engineer to provide direct, full spectrum engineering support with an emphasis on the identification and characterization of threats to networks of interest. The position requires extensive hands-on systems engineering skills to include risk identification and management, requirements engineering, integrated master schedule development, data flow analysis, dependency identification, and interface definition. The candidate will develop documentation associated with all phases of development in accordance with systems engineering best practices to include: CONOPS, Capability Roadmaps, Functional Requirements Documents, System and Functional Architecture artifacts, Software Requirements Specifications, Analysis of Alternatives, Trade Studies, Technology Gap Analysis, Program Plans and Capability Roadmaps. Additionally, this position will require the ability to closely coordinate with multiple internal and external organizations and support the scheduling, conduct and reporting of cross-organizational technical exchanges and planning sessions.
Individual Capabilities Highly Desired :
- Requires Top Secret/SCI clearance with full-scope polygraph
- Cyber Defense domain experience – resumes that do not clearly document cyber defense experience in the DoD or IC will be not be considered
- Eighteen (18) years of systems engineering experience in programs that encompass systems architecture, interface development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation and an advanced degree in Systems Engineering or a closely related field or minimum of twenty (20) years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering or a closely related field if the candidate does not have a qualifying advanced degree.
- Demonstrable ability and expertise in:
- Requirements gathering, organization and communication
- High level architecture and system design including component and deployed architectures
- Evaluation, specification and development of technology gaps
- Analysis of existing applications, services and legacy systems as requirements dictate
- Perform engineering risk analysis, collation and assessment
- Assemble schedule and delivery information to map to program plans
- Track key test and gates to promote visibility and program progress
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to comfortably interact with all levels of organizational management while operating in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision
- Demonstrable expertise in written communications and associated tools to include the Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of the Agency Enterprise Architecture
- Working knowledge of legal and policy issues associated with the mission
- Working knowledge of configuration management needs management, database and knowledge management systems and applications
- Working knowledge of the use of wikis and other web based solutions for facilitating information exchange between team members and stakeholders
- CISSP certification