1. Must be at work on a regular and predictable basis or as scheduled.
2. Responsible for the detection and apprehension of any individuals who have committed shoplifting, vandalism, fraud, or altered E.A.S. tags in their presence. These apprehensions must be made in accordance with established policies and procedures.
3. Required to appear as a witness on the company’s behalf in legal or administrative proceedings. Must be professionally competent and capable of presenting testimony in a court of law.
4. Document and report company policy and procedure violations perpetrated both by associates and guests in a formal written report. Must collect, process and maintain any evidence in conjunction with the apprehension of individuals detained.
5. Assist store management in giving new associate orientations, shoplifting prevention training classes and performing store procedural and safety audits.
6. Assist store management in identifying safety concerns, including education and awareness.
7. Assist store management in completing risk assessments, including action plans to minimize guest and/or associate accidents.
8. Conduct surveillances of associates and conduct preliminary investigations of suspected internal theft or fraud as assigned by the District Manager or Manager of Investigations.
9. Complete weekly asset protection audits.
10. Complete monthly stockroom audits.
11. Assist in completing monthly safety inspections.
12. Assist in CCTV troubleshooting, repairs and/or replacement.
13. Assist in EAS troubleshooting, repairs and/or replacement.
14. Follow company policies and procedures and maintain a safe work environment.
15. Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned by the District Loss Prevention Manager.
Education and Qualifications
1. Ability to sufficiently understand the English language in order to communicate with individuals at all levels in the Company and with various business contacts outside of the Company in an articulate, professional manner.
2. Strong observation skills.
3. Ability to make logical decisions based on established procedures and policies.
4. Ability to analyze suspicious behavior and react quickly to criminal activity.
5. Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment background screen.
6. High school diploma or equivalent
7. Minimum of one-year experience in a retail setting required with loss prevention experience preferred.
Gordmans is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Gordmans - 17 months ago
Midwestern shoppers head to Gordmans Stores for deeply-discounted fashionable apparel and home décor. The department store chain operates...