In this highly visible program manager role you will have responsibility for specific programs and projects with cross-department and cross-functional components in support of corporate business objectives. Program and project types include large strategic initiatives, tactical cross-department assignments, new product developments, product lifecycle enhancements, new technology development, and operational efficiency improvements. Leads and manages teams comprised of people with functional expertise from all departments that are critical to programs’ / projects’ success. Responsible for identifying and documenting program/project objectives, scope, requirements and deliverables; planning and scheduling work elements; implementing and managing project plans; identifying and overcoming issues and risks to meet overall program / project objectives.
To be successful in this role possessing the following skills are essential:
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates Communications and Facilitation Skills:
- Develops and executes communication plans consistent with project priorities.
- Delivers clear, concise project status information through meeting facilitation and written and verbal communications.
- Promotes buy-in and clear understanding of project scope, timelines and assignments of team members.
- Demonstrates Managerial and Leadership Skills:
- Builds an effective and cohesive workgroup.
- Creates a dynamic work environment that motivates all team members.
- Manages projects to achieve short and long term business goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates Planning Skills:
- Manages tradeoffs between project scope, quality, cost, and schedule when developing initial project plans.
- Identifies project constraints and critical tasks while optimizing project plans.
- Assembles project teams in fulfillment of required skills and expertise.
- Identifies project risks and outlines strategies for mitigation and contingency.
- Understands and Supports Strategic Business Direction:
- Promotes business and financial objectives through support of Business Case development.
- Exhibits knowledge of corporate departments; their functional roles, objectives, and expectations; and their impact to projects.
- Demonstrates appropriate attention to detail with both internal and external customers with the intentions of building strong business relationships, and the knowledge of their impact to the overall success of a project.
- Knowledge of Products, Technologies, Tools, Systems, and Processes necessary to be successful:
- Exhibits knowledge of telecom industry and corporate products.
- Displays a basic understanding of corporate networks and platforms required to provide telecommunications services.
- Is versed in project management tools and applications.
- Shows an understanding of the systems and processes required to support the front and back office and deploy new technologies, products, and infrastructure.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- 10 years combined experience in product/program/project managing multiple projects.
- Strong proficiency in using project management tools – MS Project, MS Office.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Good analytical and decision making skills.
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and change.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Work environment consists of an office cube with a desk, drawers, filing cabinet and coat closet.
- Workstation includes laptop with docking station and separate monitor and a phone.
- Occasional travel required.
- Occasional overtime required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- BA/BS in business or technical field.
- PMP/PMI certification or specific education and in training in project management preferred.
- Current or most recent job function project management is required.
- A minimum of 5 years recent project management experience is required.
- Experience include managing projects that cross multiple organizational departments?.
Every decision made at tw telecom concerning hiring, promotion, compensation, training, assignment of job responsibilities, termination, or any other aspect of the employment relationship is to be made without regard to any legally protected characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, or other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws. tw telecom strives for a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment, including but not limited to racial, sexual, ethnic or religious.
Thank you for applying with tw telecom.