Provides management and leadership in the coordination of all facility related maintenance and operations activities within an assigned area consisting of multiple facilities, disciplines or clients.
1. Manage the Facilities and Engineering department that provides technical, project, emergency response, trouble shooting and preventative maintenance support for facilities and related equipment.
2. Ensure consistent global maintenance and operational practices throughout sites
3. Lead in the development of long range planning (LRP) to maintain the highest level of support and enhance operations productivity.
4. Develop, maintain, and justify the departments’ budgets.
5. Assure the appropriate level of training for all levels of the maintenance organization.
6. Oversee the development, revision, review, and approval of all Standard Operating Procedures that are own by the maintenance department.
7. Support the plant in the project approval, prioritization, and implementation process.
8. Communicate with Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance to ensure the maintenance organization stay in compliance.
9. Develop maintenance metrics to support the benchmarking of site, global, and industry. Develop improvement strategies based off the benchmarking data.
10. Maintain an environment that promotes maintenance flexibility, consistent maintenance practices, and efficient operations, which prepare us for current and future production demands.
11. Lead in the development of Maintenance’s vision, mission, strategies, goals and objectives that ensure the department achieves the company goals.
12. Maintain a Continuous Improvement / Operational Excellence environment within all Facilities & Engineering scope of work
13. Champion the CMMS (Maximo) Administration, Maintenance & Calibration Program
- Other functions may be assigned. Basic Qualifications Bachelor’s degree in Engineering & 8 years of directly related experience
Master’s degree in Engineering & 6 years of directly related experience
Doctorate degree in Engineering & 4 years of directly related experience
2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, and programs or directing the allocation of resources. Preferred Qualifications COMPETENCIES/SKILLS
- Knowledge of conflict resolution
- Ability to partner with other departments.
- Analytical problem solving.
- Considerable Organization skills.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and counseling.
- Ability to deal with and manage change.
- Ability to set goals.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory guidelines
- Ability to use company compensation system including mentoring lower management levels when required.
- Technical experience in CMMS (Preferably Maximo); Maintenance & Calibrations Program; Predictive Maintenance Techniques.
- Training in Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement Tools
- Fluent in Spanish & English Languages written and speaking
Amgen is among the biggest of the biotech big'uns, and it's determined to get even bigger. The company uses cellular biology and medicinal...