36 month contract
Monitoring, management and troubleshooting network devices. Utilize network management tools Netcool and HP Openview to identify network outages and work with various vendors for resolution. Develops and evaluates network performance criteria and measurement methods. Prepares the analysis of the short term or long term capacity needs for wireless and wireline infrastructure. May conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies. Studies and forecasts traffic drivers to determine short and/or long term capacity needs. Recommends strategic network architecture planning and network evolution policy decisions in support of corporate initiatives, customer demand, technology changes, economic and service reliability criteria. Evaluates new and emerging technologies for addition and/or application to existing network systems. Conducts economic and population growth studies to determine impact on network capacity and development plan projections. Creates deliverables such as mgmt reports, business cases, infrastructure deployment guidelines.
This is a24x7 environment, various shifts.
• Linux – Most of our work is done from the Debian Linux CLI, and familiarity with this is the most important of all Familiarity with Linux, Cisco IOS, wifi, Computer Networking, and the OSI model are all required.
• Computer Networking – The job is to troubleshoot and assist in installing networks of all shapes and sizes, so a strong background in Computer Networking is critical
• Wifi – candidates should be able to troubleshoot and have clear understanding of Wifi.
- Subnetting - need to be familiar with what subnetting is and be able to segment IPs into smaller groupings. Have general basic knowledge
- DSL Technology clear understanding of DSL delivery technology as well as knowledge of alternative delivery methods (cable fibernet)
Must be able to type 30wpm (with accuracy)
Strong communications skills - able to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with external clients and various levels of management. candidate will be expected to provide and document consistent, accurate and detailed analysis of issues for each installation.
Ability to work in a team environment - Self Starter willing to share knowledge with others.
United Information Technologies - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard