Employment for summer laborer at Public Works is from mid-May through mid-August.
Starting pay rate is $9.00/Hour. Returning summer laborers may recieve a higher hourly rate of pay.
Routine Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Assists with street maintenance projects.
- Repairs and replaces traffic control devices.
- Assists with the application of pavement markings.
- Assists with the maintenance of sanitary and storm sewer systems.
- Maintains City buildings and property.
- Assists in the collection of solid waste.
- Operates vehicles and assorted hand and power tools.
- performs heavy manual labor.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Must be at least 18 years old. Requires high school diploma or equivalent. Valid Drivers License also required.
This position requires a successful background check, pre-employment drug test and pre-employment physical.
Note: Persons with disabilities must submit requests for ADA accommodations to the Human Resources Department, in writing, by the application deadline.
City of Urbandale - 18 months ago