Duties & Responsibilities:
Primarily responsible for administration of approx. 30 Linux servers running Ubuntu, CentO/S, Debian, and two FreeBSD. Approx. 20 of these servers have already been virtualized on to company's VMWare ESXi server cluster. Troubleshoot problems with audio, video, and computer (PC & server) and take corrective action in a timely, and effective basis. Maintain company's VoIP phone system running Astrisk (FreePBX) with VoIP/SIP phones. Provide technical support to internal users and external customers. Perform proactive, regular checks of system components for errors and application of necessary corrective action. Prepare system documentation. Initial installation of computer systems, virtual servers, Linux based systems as well as subsequent installations of updates/patches. Responsible for server, application, and hardware troubleshooting. Assist studio technician with audio/video issues related to broadcast television studio. Required participation in 24x7 on-call rotation to support all technology systems within the business, but call volume while on-call is considered very light.
- Minimum 2 year management or team lead experience, or proven leadership skills
- Minimum 2 year technical degree in IT/Systems/Network Administration with 5 years IT work experience, preferred bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar
- 5 or more years Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS) administration experience
- Strong UNIX shell scripting (BASH, Perl, others as needed)
- Server hardware maintenance and troubleshooting skills (Experience with Dell server platforms a plus)
- Experience installing and configuring new Linux servers
- TCP/IP network knowledge, routing knowledge
- At least some experience with Cisco routers, switches, VLAN, ASA firewalls
- Understanding of DNS/BIND, DHCP, NFS, Samba server on Linux
- Basic VMWareESXi experience
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Ability to respond to critical system outages in a fast and effective manner
- Ability to handle multiple high priority tasks, and prioritize repairs which have the greatest impact to the business first
- Must have good communications skills both verbal and written, with strong emphasis on good customer support (either internal customers/peers, or external clients)
- Cisco IOS and CatOS experience, making config backups, restore switch/router from default configuration
- Advanced knowledge of Linux and VMWareESXi
- Experience implementing system/network monitoring software such as Nagios, OpenNMS, or other similar system
- Experience with VoIP, SIP, Astrisk, or FreePBX, and Aastra VoIP phones a plus
- Audio/Video troubleshooting experience, knowledge of different HD video formats (HDMI, HDSDI, DVI, 1080i, 1080p, etc) and digital video production experience a plus
We are currently seeking a mid to high level UNIX/System Admin & Network administrator to lead the company’s IT dept. This is an exciting workplace because you will be given the opportunity to work with a wide varity of systems and cutting edge technology. The company has less than 50 employees, but has big computing needs for a company its size. Friendly atmosphere, and competitive benefits package including 401k, paid holidays, paid vacation time, group health, and dental. Salary range depends on qualifications.
Indeed - 21 months ago
As one of the most sophisticated organizations in the weather and data industry, Media Logic Group combines a diverse background with...