Clinic Tech, Non Certified- OHIO
Requisition #: 68167
Status: Full-Time with Full-Time Benefits (40 Hours)
Business Unit: Community Care Services
Flower - Incenter
Job Family: Dialysis
Job Function: Nursing
Campus/Job Location : Flower Dialysis - OHIO
Location (State/City): US-OH-Sylvania
More information about this position
Our health system thrives on teamwork, and we know our employees achieve the greatest results when they are working together for a common goal - to provide care for our patients. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment then we have a job for you!
Henry Ford Health System is one of the country's largest health care systems and a national leader in clinical care, research and education. Our system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, six hospitals, Health Alliance Plan, 32 primary care centers and many other health-related entities throughout Southeast Michigan. Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford, we continue to be committed to improving the health and well-being of a diverse Michigan community. In 2009 alone, Henry Ford Health System provided more than $173 million in uncompensated care. Henry Ford also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 23,000. Our health system is led by CEO Nancy Schlichting.
- Under supervision of Nursing staff is responsible for the monitoring and direct care of patients on hemodialysis
- Will strive to fulfill the organization's mission, vision, values, philosophy and goals
- Reports to the Nurse Manager
- Works as a member of the interdisciplinary team caring for the dialysis patient
MUST HAVE OR OBTAIN NATIONAL CERTIFICATION AS A DIALYSIS CLINICAL TECHNICIAN WITHIN 18 MONTHS OF DATE OF HIRE.
- Associate's degree in Science
- Bachelor's degree in Science, preferred
- Applicant will obtain certification as dialysis technician within designated time lines and will maintain this certification in accordance with federal regulations. Ohio applicants will obtain state certification within designated time lines and will maintain certification in accordance with federal laws and Ohio state law as written in Ohio Board of Nursing rules
- Previous Dialysis experience preferred
- Certified Hemodialysis Technician preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Stands and walks most of the time on duty
- Lifts and pushes patients on stretchers and in wheelchairs
- Lifts and carries dialysate solution containers
- May be subject to hazardous wastes and materials
Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, weight/height, marital status, familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Henry Ford Health System - 2 years ago
Built around a hospital founded by Detroit's favorite son, the not-for-profit Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is a hospital network...