The Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank is seeking a visionary leader and strategist with 5- 10 years of leadership experience. The CEO will spend a majority of his/her time on externally facing initiatives including fundraising, advocacy, and community involvement to strengthen and bui ld key relationships . This position is also responsible for s etting the strategic objectives of the organization and leading and motivating the staff to the successful completion of those objectives. The CEO reports directly to the Chairman and works closely with the distinguished members of the Board of Directors. The CEO has full oversight and direction of the Food Bank staff.
Established in 1977, The Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank (Food Bank) is a critical component to the welfare of San Diego County, providing food to people in need, advocating for the hungry and educating the public about hunger-related issues. Through a combination of government programs and partnerships with more than 350 San Diego County nonprofit charities, the Food Bank acts as a central repository and distribution point for government and donated food. Funded by individuals, foundations, corporations, local governments and the USDA, the Food Bank distributes more than 20 million pounds of food annually to individuals, families and a network of nonprofit organizations that work to alleviate hunger throughout the county. For more information about the organization, please visit www.sandiegofoodbank.org .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The successful candidate will be a visionary leader, highly effective fundraiser, and excellent manager of resources and staff. The CEO is expected to translate broad goals into achievable steps, set and manage expectations, and handle complex concepts and decisions in a productive and timely way. In addition, the CEO is expected to maintain strong and productive relationships with donors, board members, staff, and other key stakeholders. At all times, the CEO is expected to act with integrity and compassion for the Food Bank clients.
Fundraising and Partnership Development · Has a leadership role in identifying new sources of revenue for the organization and ensur es diversified revenue streams working in conjunction with the VP of Development
Community and Public Relations · Assures the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders
- Forge s and nurture s new partnerships appropriate to program and service delivery and to financial sustainability
Board Relations · Assist s in the identification, selection and evaluation of board members
- Serves as ambassador for the Food Bank with outside constituencies, including public and private entities
Management of the Organization · Responsible for creating a positive and constructive climate with a focus on operational excellence as outlined by CAPE and Baldrige
- Supports operations and administration of the Board by advising and informing Board members, interfacing between Board and staff, and supporting the Board’s evaluation of the chief executive
POSITION REQUIREMENTS The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Leads strategic planning process with key stakeholders ensuring successful implementation and completion of initiatives
- Oversees the operations of the organization through a thorough knowledge of key areas of the operation
- Provides financial oversight by working with the CFO to ensure that budgetary goals are met
- 5-10 years of leadership experience with demonstrated suc cess in an executive position managing and mentoring professional level direct and indirect staff . Experience in the nonprofit human services sector will be considered favorably.
- Comprehensive management skills including but not limited to short- and long-term planning, evaluation, directing and motivating staff, team building, financial acumen, and governance of a nonprofit organization.
- Experience with nonprofit growth and development, including demonstrated ability to increase revenue, grow budget, and increase strategic programs and partnerships.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in food banking or related field is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, Master’s degree preferred
- Commitment to the Food Bank’s mission, vision and values
The compensation package includes a salary commensurate with experience , an annual bonus opportunity and an excellent benefits package, including: a 403(b) plan with 200% employer matching; excellent health care coverage with free employee medical, dental and vision plan s ; company paid term life insurance ; and a generous accrual of paid vacation and sick leave.
Because the Food Bank believes in providing a safe environment for our clients and employees, all employment offers are contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a background check, including a clean driving record and drug test. The Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Monster - 16 months ago