The Desktop Administrator I is responsible for diagnosing and troubleshooting PC systems, software/hardware updates, maintaining backups, diagnostics of failing components, and imaging/deployment of new systems. The desktop administrator supports end users remotely to resolve their PC problems along with arranging for systems to be shipped to the administrator for resolution. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Align, Plan Organize
'Follows best practices and standards for the desktop support team.
'Execute the asset management procedure
'Contributes to the project planning of hardware and software procurement process
- Build, Acquire, and Implement
'Contributes to the planning and organization of the deployment of new systems.
'Participates in departmental and cross-departmental IT projects
- Deliver, Service, and Support
'Provide subject matter expertise in resolving incidents and problems.
'Execution of service requests
- Monitor, Evaluate, and Assess
'Monitor activities performed by the desktop support team and ensure that execution is compliant with procedures.
'Ensure that asset management library is accurate
- Train and Manage Knowledge
'Lead and train fellow desktop administrators in organizational procedures.
'Assists in organizational training.
'Contributor of the knowledge store used by the desktop support team
- 2 year degree OR 2+ years of professional work experience
- 2+ years' experience in desktop support
- Microsoft certifications relating to desktop support preferred.
- CompTIA A+ Certification is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to explain and document procedures verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to act proactively
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and document tasks / activity
- Demonstrated ability to enact improvements within IT environment / end-user experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced support environment
- Experience using ticketing tool to react to failures, requests and escalations
- Experience with desktop imaging, inventory, and reporting tools
- Strong familiarity and support experience with thin-clients technology
- Strong understanding of support requirements related to Windows Desktop OS
- OS security (rights, privileges, account) and hardening (upgrades, patches, registry) techniques
- Basic understanding of phone support (basic troubleshooting, setup)
- Basic understanding of support requirements related to Windows Server OS
- Basic understanding of Networking/Security technologies (Ethernet, routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, etc.)
- Ability to provide 24x7 system support (on-call)
As a part of your total compensation, TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, and Vision available the first day of the month following your hire date and Life Insurance Eligible Immediately
Paid Time Off:
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K Eligible Immediately and Flexible Spending Accounts
Employment at TDS is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. EEO/AAP Employer.
TDS - 21 months ago
TDS, #504 on the 2014 Fortune® 1000, provides wireless; cable and wireline broadband, TV and voice; and hosted and managed services to...