• Work on projects from inception at the concept development stage to completion at the product space flight qualification stage. Candidate shall be capable of working all phases of optical subsystems from the conceptual design layout, package prototyping, fixture/tooling design, development of mechanical attachment methods/tools for optimal optical alignment
• Provide system level analysis support for optical instrument and experiment design, calibration, and verification. Perform optical design and analysis of optical and electro-optical elements, subsystems, and systems that comprise an optical instrument.
• Develop error budgets and perform tolerance studies, design requirements and interface documents for instrument optics and optical systems. Develop assembly and test procedures and support all levels of optical subsystem integration and tests
• Support trade studies and recommend system architecture and design approach. Must be capable to lead the development of design concepts for optic handling equipment and support development of test support equipment.
• Prepare and deliver technical presentations and support project level reviews
• Optical ray tracing using Zemax or Code V
• Experience with design of optical assemblies and precision mechanisms
• Ability to analyze and optical systems performance, image quality and evaluate results in terms of optical aberrations
• Strong knowledge of geometrical tolerancing and dimensioning
• Knowledge of optics fabrication and testing methods
• Strong knowledge in opto-mechanical design
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Education & Experience:
Master’s degree in Optical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies - 2 years ago
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT), a space systems engineering, science and IT services company, was founded in 1994. Headquartered in...