APPLY IMMEDIATELY AS THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED ON-LINE
This is a continuous filing exam with screening cut-offs the third Thursday of each month at 5:00 pm.
(Be advised that the cut-off date may change depending on the number of applications received.)
HEALTH CARE SERVICES AGENCY
Alameda County's Health Services Program is administered by the Health Care Services Agency and includes the following program areas: Behavioral Health Care, Public Health, Environmental Health, and Agency Administration/Indigent Health. The ultimate mission of the Health Care Services Agency is to provide fully integrated health care services through a comprehensive network of public and private partnerships that ensure optimal health and well-being and respect the diversity of all residents. Health Care Services Agency currently has multiple career opportunities for experienced professionals to become part of a service delivery team dedicated to the optimal health and well being of Alameda County residents.
Under direction, Pediatric Physical Therapists provide physical therapy services in public and schools for the treatment of children with physical disabilities; advise parents/caregivers on home treatment and care; and perform related work as required.
The Medical Therapy Program involves the long-term treatment of children with physical disabilities under 21 years of age and, therefore, requires the therapist to continually adapt and change the therapeutic regimen to the maturational development of the client, as well as his/her progress. This requires knowledge of child development and growth, especially in children with physical disabilities and properly evaluate what progress in the child is due to growth and development and what is due to therapy.
Therapists in the Medical Therapy Program work under medical direction and receive supervision from a supervising therapist in terms of assignment, consultation and evaluation of work. They generally work in school settings and coordinate their activity with the school program.
For a detailed listing of the duties and essential competency requirements for this position, please see the complete job description for Pediatric Physical Therapist .
The most suitably qualified candidates will possess the following competencies:
- Principles, methods, equipment and basic theory of physical rehabilitation involved in the modern practice of physical therapy, especially in the application of exercise and other modalities in pediatric therapy.
- Anatomy and physiology of the skeletal, muscular, neural and other structures and the pathologies and injuries which result in physical impairment.
- Principles of psychology, especially as they relate to the physical therapy in a Medical Therapy program.
- Methods of testing and evaluating muscular and neural function.
- Child growth and development, especially in children with physical disabilities.
These are minimum professional requirements for the position of Pediatric Physical Therapist:
- Understand and follow physician's prescriptions and other technical instructions involved.
- Instruct and gain the confidence and cooperation of clients in the program, instill appropriate attitudes and effect mental adjustment, as well as physical rehabilitation.
- Keep accurate records and make meaningful reports.
- Instruct parents and other persons in the care and treatment of children.
- Education: Completion of an accredited curriculum in Physical Therapy.
- Certification: Eligibility for or possession of a valid certificate to practice as a Registered Physical Therapist in California.
- Completion of Criminal History Form: A Conviction History Form (CHF) must be completed by ALL applicants for this position. DO NOT attach to your application. Return the form via mail or hand deliver to Human Resources Services Department, ATTN: Evaluation Unit, 1405 Lakeside Drive, Oakland, CA 94612. The form must be received within three (3) business days from the date you apply, otherwise the application will not be processed. Click here to access the CHF .
American Physical Therapy Association - 11 months ago
The Alameda County Art Commission is dedicated to improving the quality of life in Alameda County by nurturing a thriving environment for...