This developmental position functions within the Raven's Way department of Behavioral Health to provide adolescent substance abuse treatment in residential and remote wilderness settings while maintaining the safety of all students within the treatment program.
Baseline Qualification Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three years full time substance abuse work experience. A Bachelor of Arts or Science may be substituted for one of the three years of experience if accepted by the Alaska Certification Board.
- Training: A minimum of 270 approved contact-training hours addressing knowledge and skills list in the counselor competency (OR) a combination of trainings and educational credits addressing the counselor competency requirement which can be evaluated for approval by the commission.
- 3 years full time work experience with increasingly specialized experience in chemical dependency.
- 300 hours of supervised practicum.
- Current Chemical Dependency Counselor II certification by the State of Alaska or in a state, which has reciprocity with Alaska. This certification requires specialized training and experience in chemical dependency.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Valid State of Alaska Drivers License or can be obtained within 6 months of hire.