Yoh has a contract opportunity for a Linux Server Administrator to join our client in Rochester, NY
Possession of or the ability to obtain a Security Clearance may be required as a condition for employment.
- Engineering application support including troubleshooting software / hardware issues, deployment of software / hardware, and trouble ticket resolution.
- Interfacing with engineering teams as an IT consultant and/or analyst, gathering customer requirements to ensure consistency with organizational goals.
- Provide level II support of high end technologies issues and/or day to day operational problems.
- Individual will be providing day to day support for LINUX servers and workstations, including a High-performance computing (HPC) environment.
- Managing standard application configurations for engineering teams.
- Researching new technologies and trends to support for both IT and Engineering projects.
Discover all that's possible with Yoh. Apply now.
- B.S. degree in any IT related field and/or five to seven (5-7) years of related work experience.
- Above mentioned LINUX experience required.
- Additional industry certifications are welcome.
- Experience in X86 PC \ Server environment is preferred, along with experience with Cisco products and various Microsoft tools.
- Proficiency in supporting Windows servers (2003/2008) and desktops (XP/Windows 7) is a plus.
- Experience with installing and running Linux based applications in an HPC environment (LSF, SGE, other) is desirable but not mandatory.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in supporting Linux servers and workstations (RedHat / Ubuntu) is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills required (both written and verbal).
Yoh is a professional staffing provider with over 70 years of experience in the short- and long-term staffing services industry; visit our website to learn both about our company and about our leading workforce solutions .
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Tax Term: CON_W2
OnMyWay - 2 years ago