We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager with a technical sales background to join our Team. The person in this role will be a key leadership team member in growing our infrastructure and wastewater/water treatment business segments and related projects in Northern Virginia. In this capacity, the person will have responsibilities that include project management, business development, new client development, client relationship management, contract review, and client team coordination. Candidates must have a proven track record of managing projects, obtaining and sustaining solid client relationships and technical sales skills with Northern Virginia municipal clients.
- Provide project management and technical support on a variety of water/wastewater infrastructure projects.
- Lead project planning efforts from procurement and negotiation through execution and closeout, while continuing to monitor project status and control execution to achieve project goals.
- Conduct technical evaluations to support planning and design related to water and wastewater related projects.
- Perform and oversee technical analyses that may include hydraulic calculations and modeling, statistical analyses, water quality investigations, GIS mapping, and data management.
- Prepare and review technical memoranda, reports and electronic deliverables.
- Lead and direct all significant client communication.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of others on projects; ensure proper and timely execution.
- Mentor junior level team members.
- Successfully manage and deliver projects on time and on budget, while meeting quality requirements.
- Utilize internal project management tools and resources.
- Provide marketing and technical support to project managers and staff during the procurement and execution of key projects as requested.
- Be an active member of the Project Management Office (PMO), supporting initiatives to improve the company’s overall project management capabilities.
- Develop working relationships with individuals outside the organization to assist in identifying new business opportunities.
- Build client relationships, define new and existing project requirements while promoting and integrating companywide initiatives and values.
- Develop working relationships with peers and individuals within the organization.
- Participate in company business planning activities and preparation of key proposals.
- Focus on investment decisions, using capital and resources to the highest advantage.
- Promote and support technical systems and improvements within the company.
- Leverage across the company for marketing, project delivery, project teams and other support systems.
- Review project specifications to ensure that project designs, installation and operations conform to company standards and client requirements.
- Investigate client or public complaints, determine nature and extent of problem, and recommend remedial measures.
- Recruit, manage and direct staff as required.
- Current business/working relationships with Loudoun Water, Fairfax County, UOSA, Fairfax Water, ASA, Prince William County Service Authority a plus.
- A minimum of 15 years experience, most of which must be in a management role or business development role in a consulting or related industry.
- Expertise in the practical application of engineering principles and technology.
- Must have a proven record of developing new clients and client relationships.
- Must have a proven record of working and maintaining relationships with existing clients and projects with ability to deliver those projects successfully, profitably, and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Ability to discern new markets and to develop business in those areas.
- Ability to connect with municipal and private sector decision makers in surrounding markets.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing client services. This includes client profiling, needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of client satisfaction.
- BS degree in Engineering or related field is required.
- PE Registration is required.
Brown and Caldwell - 17 months ago
Brown and Caldwell is headed straight to the gutter -- to clean it up. The employee-owned firm provides environmental consulting and...