Wall Street on Demand is a 15-year-old company focused on the design and development of Web sites and mobile apps focusing, historically, on financial markets, but we now include global clients in many industries. The majority of our products are custom-designed for each client, completely private-labeled, and fully integrated with the client's other offerings. Our client list includes E*Trade, Fidelity, Scottrade, Charles Schwab, TD Ameritrade, New York Times, CNBC, Financial Times, TD Waterhouse, Standard & Poor's, CNNMoney, and our work features prominently in the flagship products that you've seen them advertise. We won the Apple Design Award for the Financial Times iPad App earlier this year. We're an extraordinarily stable company in unstable times--many of our client relationships span five or more years, and we have consistently grown in size and profitability over time while remaining debt-free. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of Markit Group Limited, a global leader in financial information services. Employment includes a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, flexible spending account, 3 weeks* vacation, and alternative transportation incentives.
Resume, cover letter, code samples and salary requirements are required for consideration. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary is based on experience.
Wall Street On Demand is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Develop and maintain Wall Street on Demands primarily IIS web infrastructure for a high volume, high availability data center processing more than 1.25 Billion web hits per week, and consistently growing. Work in an operational environment that will challenge you while expanding your technical expertise. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the largest financial clients in the world while learning and implementing new technologies.
1. Experience in Web Administration in a medium to high volume data center
2. Extensive application support for mission critical services, including:
- Excellent analytical and problem analysis
- Provide direction and guidance to less experienced staff
- Ability to provide off-hours support on a rotational basis
3. Ability to manage IIS and Apache websites
4. Working knowledge and experience in:
- Provide effective solutions to web architectural issues
- Demonstrate expertise with HTTPS and SSL
- Identify and resolve issues with security and permissions
- Identify and resolve performance issues
- Manage and review logs
5. Strong customer service and communication skills
- Local and global load balancing technologies
- Multi-Tiered applications
- Web site monitoring, i.e. Keynote, Sitescope, DotCom
- Work with Development and Engineering teams
- Determine hardware requirements to support projected transaction volumes and response times
- Collaborate with project teams to define and track success metrics for client websites
- Timely development, documentation, communication and delivery of site configurations
1. Minimum of 3 to 5 years related experience;
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills;
3. Strong customer service background;
4. Technical aptitude;
5. Must be able to multi-task, managing multiple projects simultaneously, including resources, priorities, and timelines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must be willing to work in an environment requiring broad experience, adaptability, quick learning and excellent problem solving skills. The responsibilities listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Dice - 3 years ago