Please complete the following questions about the available position.
EIA PCA, Career Education
Center for Education in Action
Level B (Skilled)
Provide and create outreach opportunities to further the early engagement of Middlebury students in the Career Education process.
Serve as a Drop-Ins adviser for first-time visitors to the Center/First-Year students: demonstrate sign-up for/use of
; introduce sample resume(s) and cover letters; assist with MiddNet registrations; make referrals to Career Services counselors for follow up meetings.
- Actively support the Career Education programs and initiatives at the Center for Education in Action
- Collaborate with other Peer Career Ambassadors (PCAs) and staff to effectively strategize and publicize overall Career Services events and programs.
- Develop and deliver peer-to-peer workshops and focus groups for first-years and sophomores in the Commons residences
- Market Career Services/
services and events, capitalizing on the Commons residential system
- Contribute to blogs and/or newsletters that outline essential goals and internship/ career timelines that are relevant to the FY and Sophomore experience
- Provide administrative support to Career Education programs as needed
- Assist the Associate Director as required with new career education initiatives
- Perform outreach to targeted campus organization(s) and attend or lead Career Services outreach events when needed, including some nights and weekends
The ideal candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm for the goal of engaging Middlebury students early in the process of career education and bring excellent interpersonal skills, writing ability, organizational talent, and the capacity to work independently to the position.
- Assist Career Services staff with various in and out-of-office tasks as necessary
- Juniors or Super Seniors (’13.5)familiar with Career Services resources and in good academic standing to work 6-8 hours/week while classes are in session for the spring semester and beyond.
Education and Training
- Enthusiasm for and experience with the mission of career education
Knowledge of and experience using Career Services resources
- Experience with marketing and promotion
- Proven leadership ability
- Reliability and organizational know-how
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willing to dress appropriately for professional office work.
Middlebury Main Campus
Is this an academic year or summer position?
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit your application with attached resume and a cover letter making the case for your candidacy, by Friday, February 22, 2013.
Quicklink for Posting
Monterey Institute of International Studies - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard