Masonite is known worldwide for innovation, quality products, exceptional customer service and a commitment to excellence. Over 85 years of dedication to innovation, technical advancements and customers make Masonite® the brand that builders, remodelers and consumers choose when creating homes of distinction.
Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, Masonite employs over eight thousand people worldwide. At Masonite, employees from all parts of the company understand that people love their homes. Masonite is continually creating new and innovative products that will make any home more beautiful, more valuable and more enjoyable.
- Participates in internal process and product audits.
- Perform various levels of inspection: incoming receiving, in-process manufacturing and
finished goods process audit.
- Input data pertinent to quality database systems for capturing, analyzing, and providing
timely and accurate reporting and corrective actions.
- Determine from blueprint and specifications the dimensions, finishes, processes and methods
of inspection, precision measuring instruments (i.e.: CMM, calipers, micrometers), gauges,
tools and set-up required for checking surfaces and variations.
- Helps in the development an application of effective quality product and process plans to
ensure full compliance of product standards, specifications, and quality system requirements.
This also includes labeling and certifications requirements of product.
- Participate in the implementation of product quality improvement initiatives to reduce
process variation and prevent defects.
- Use quality tools (and others) to troubleshoot, identify and analyze problems to the true rootcause level, and work with the appropriate teams to implement solutions and ensure the
identified root- because problems are resolved.
- Support activities to build quality into the product through process and system improvements,
proactive planning, and responsive reactions to emergencies in a structured approach to
resolve root-causes. Is constructive and takes responsibility for needed actions to support quality and business goals.
- Actively lead Yellow Lean & Yellow Six projects to lean out processes and improve overall
COQ performance. (Train other production workers on tools and methodology)
Lead Kaizen events on manufacturing floor with crosses functional teams.
- Train employees on QA tools and techniques in addition to the Lean Sigma methodology.
- Takes responsibility for quality functions for a product line such as customer claims
investigation and reporting, new product launch activities, in-process defect reduction
- Perform customer and supplier visits as required, including presentations of quality data.
Determines disposition of finished product by collecting, classifying, analyzing, and
interpreting production and quality data; judging product acceptability in comparison to
- Identifies raw material condition by collecting material samples; conducting inspections and
requesting testing as required.
- Documents finished product status by recording and summarizing raw materials, in-process,
and finished product inspection and physical test-data; updating quality assurance reports.
- Determines acceptability of rework by conducting inspections and physical tests of reworked
- Associate Degree Preferred will consider Tech School or High School graduates with theright skills and experience.
- Prefer ASQ certifications (CQIA & CQT) or ability to obtain certifications within 1 year.
- Prefer Yellow Lean & Yellow Six certification or ability to obtain Gold Belt certification in 1year.
- Kaizen Facilitator certification highly desired.
- 2-4 years of manufacturing experience (millwork, automotive or metals preferred.
- Ability to be a certified Forklift operator.
- Requires strong knowledge of (FMEA, PDR’s, RMA, FRC, MRB’s, PPAP’s, & R&Rstudies. Knowledge of manufacturing processes (including assembly, fabrication, and glazing).
- Experience with auditing and inspection of product and processes.
- Ability to establish and maintain a neat organized work environment.
- Ability to use computer equipment and software applications (MS-Office Products).
- Good communications skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to use calibrated measuring equipment including a comparator, caliper, weight scales,height gauges, micrometers, etc.
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail required.
- Good technical/mechanical aptitude.
- Working knowledge of Control Plans and Process Flow development.
- Ability to solve shop problems using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions,decimals, squares, and square roots.
- Knowledge of safety and security measures when utilizing equipment and materials.
- Ability to provide extended flexible work hours, as work-load and projects requires.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs from the floor level up to the inspection station.
At Masonite, we believe every door is a connection, and we’ve been building better ones for more than 80 years. Still we continue to...