The Database Administrator is responsible for designing, developing and supporting software for our various product offerings, especially those related to our many data flow/services applications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, design, configure and maintain databases on Linux servers for both production and development environments
- Perform data modeling and schema design
- Optimize database performance and scalability
- Investigate and troubleshoot performance issues
- Advise engineers on performance tuning, query optimization, index tuning.
- Automate failover and recovery, backup scripting and disaster recovery planning.
- Monitor infrastructure to ensure stability and maximum available uptime
- Provide assistance to development teams to help integrate data persistence seamlessly.
- Database architecture and implementation
- Analyze requirements of projects during design phases
- Participate in the on call rotation
- Experienced SQL developer
- Previous experience working in a Java environment
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience with short software lifecycles
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years of experience administering at least one of the following: Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL databases on a Linux platform
- 3-5 years developing and maintaining databases in high availability production environments
- Prior experience working on or leading successful data warehousing implementations desired
- Prior experience with application development desired
- Prior systems administration experience desired
- Prior SQL Development experience a plus
Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Millennial Media is an equal opportunity employer.
Millennial Media - 15 months ago