HOUR - Transport Driver - Tioga, ND
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 150 and Global 500 company with over 5,000 employees, is a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products operating seven refineries and more than 1,200 branded retail stations.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of honesty and integrity; respect and trust; commitment to excellence; creative and entrepreneurial spirit; teamwork; and safety and environmental stewardship.
Due to the opportunities presented by increasing crude production in the Bakken field, our North Dakota operations are growing rapidly. Leveraging our excellence in refining and logistics, we will become the premier logistics provider in the region, as well as the best-in-class environmental, health and safety performer.
We are growing our team, and creating exceptional employment opportunities. We are looking for the best career-minded professionals, who share our values, to become teammates.
We are currently hiring Transport Drivers for our Tioga, ND facility. The key duties and responsibilities of this position include:
We offer a desirable fixed 5 on-2 off/5 on-3 off schedule, with 12 hour, 4am to 4pm day and night shifts. This means our drivers are home after every shift, not away from home for days at a time.
- Driving a tank truck or tractor/trailer to transport crude and petroleum products between pipeline depots, transport tanks, etc., taking all required readings and measurements before and after crude oil is loaded, recording readings and measurements including volume estimates on crude oil tickets and leaving copies for lessee or producer.
- Performing proper measurement; knowing and demonstrating the importance of good measurement practices.
- Performing pre-trip inspections on equipment following all Tesoro Safety Policies and DOT regulations.
- Checking truck for general operating requirements, ensuring that all required equipment is available and in good operating condition, documenting inspection and identifying any deficiencies on pre-trip inspection forms.
- Performing and documenting post trip inspection appropriately and accurately, completing all regulatory and customary paperwork. Maintaining all DOT required documentation, crude oil tickets, etc.
- Ensuring truck is full of fuel, windows, mirrors and cab interior are clean, and all equipment is ready for service for the next shift. Interface with mechanics in a courteous manner to relay problems or accept direction.
- Following, maintaining and adhering to all safety rules, DOT regulations and operating procedures for loading facilities, unloading stations and customer premises.
- Serving as an ambassador for Tesoro by operating equipment in a safe and professional manner, obeying all traffic laws and driving courteously and professionally at all times.
We offer unmatched stability, growth and professional development in a career with one of the world's finest corporations, with benefits including:
Other benefits including company sponsored Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance plans.
- Exceptional compensation, with regularly scheduled increases, promotion based on seniority, and advancement based on merit.
- Extremely generous monthly housing stipend, OR company paid-housing provided; company provided housing during training.
- Overtime rate paid for all hours over 40 per week (average of over 16 hours per week).
- Night shift differential premium.
- Driver safety program and hourly safety incentive bonus, paid
- Generous retention bonus, paid
- Participation in the company's Incentive Compensation Program (current target is 7% of eligible pay earned in the year), paid
- Company funded Cash Balance Retirement Plan and participation in 401(k) plan with 6% company matching, fully vested after one year.
- Generous Vacation and Sick Time benefits.
- Company paid holidays, or double time pay premium.
- Participation in company health insurance programs.
. . . and the invaluable benefit of career growth and membership in the best team in the business, the Tesoro team.
The following qualifications are required for consideration for this position:
- High school diploma (equivalent may be considered); college, technical or trade school education desired.
- Current Commercial Driver's License, with HAZMAT and Tanker endorsements required, Double/Triple endorsement desired.
- Experience related to crude oil trucking and loading and unloading crude oil is strongly desired, but similar relevant experience may be considered.
- Successful candidates will likely have off-road and extreme cold weather trucking experience, as up to 85% of driving is off-road; this is NOT a long haul trucking position.
- Clean driving record (no DUI/DWI in previous 3 years).
- DOT drug and alcohol screening, DOT physical, 10 year FMCSA employment and safety background and 7 year criminal background check.
- Passing Road Test and demonstrating proficiency operating an 18-speed truck.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, measuring and mathematical skills, and strong computer proficiency are all required for success in this position.
United States-North Dakota-Tioga