Eaton in Belmond, IA has an opportunity for a Business Team Leader. The primary responsibility of this position is to safely manage production activities and resources within their operational area to ensure the timely delivery of quality parts that meet or exceed customer expectations.
The essential functions of this position are as follows:
- Proactively implements, promotes and maintains a safe working environment, through diligence in accident prevention, near miss reporting, 8D investigations, equipment maintenance, and safety principles enforcement.
- Meets or exceeds product quality requirements using plant quality tools, including LPA, QAR, first piece approval, and audit processes. Deploys and reinforces quality expectations with Frontline Leaders and production associates, with a focus on accountability.
- Selects, develops, and motivates product line personnel and resources to achieve established goals for productivity, quality/scrap, cost, and profit.
- Monitors product line Staffing for best utilization of both direct and indirect labor.
- Establishes product line priorities as they apply to current product, standards and processes.
- Assists with capital project planning under the direction of the Factory Manager.
- Coordinates manufacture of product to meet customer requirements, including scheduling of product, or collaborating with Production Control for efficient scheduling of product throughout the facility.
- Monitors and improves general plant activities such as safety, 5S, lean initiatives, and communication/information systems.
- Works with Production Control to establish appropriate inventory levels, and adherence to the established inventory goals.
- SIOP process co-owner in conjunction with Production Control, through the forecasting of production output for areas of responsibility.
- Assists the Product Line Manager in setting, communicating, and achieving department goals and objectives. Develops and maintains performance metrics as required to drive results, and analyze results as a tool for identifying and initiating process improvements.
- Fully engages workforce and promotes personal accountability by identifying goals, empowering employees to drive decision making, fostering innovation and continuous learning, by providing ongoing feedback on performance with formal evaluation through the Apex process.
- Drives continuous improvement programs and manufacturing process improvements by applying appropriate Eaton Business System processes and problem solving tools such as Eaton Lean System, Six Sigma, and 5S.
- Drives the company's vision and mission by reinforcing ethics, values and quality policies throughout areas of responsibility
Eaton - 23 months ago
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers...