Job Description:Purpose/Role Statement:|
Responsible for heart valve tissue durability and performance testing at finished product and subassembly level. Responsibility may be extended to include research, design, and development of test apparatus and test methods. Provides technical guidance to support personnel such as technicians and assures that their work is performed properly.
Quality Systems Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management and technical leadership of durability and performance testing of tissue valve.
- Assess and implement appropriate tissue durability and performance testing at sub-assembly level
- Works closely with product developers and manufacturing to assess and implement production test methods and apparatus
- Assist in design of alternative tissue valves
- Develops and implements actions to establish valve testing as a core competency
- Acts as project engineer to manage the scope, schedule, and resources for assigned projects.
- Communicates project status to cross-functional colleagues throughout organization
- Actively supports established department plus personal goals and objectives. Monitors project progress and regularly reports progress to manager.
- Qualifies and documents methodologies in support of regulatory filings.
- Recommends ideas for patent protection/coverage.
Fully support the Quality Policy by building quality into all aspects of the incumbent's work and by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements (including but not limited to being current on all training requirements for the incumbent's position and documenting that training).
Bachelors degree in Engineering or related discipline (advanced degree preferred); with 7+ years experience in tissue valve testing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Years of Experience Required: More than 5 years
Expected Travel Time: None
This company may offer relocation assistance.