Rhodes Mechanical Maintenance Technician will provide Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) services to the plant and mechanical maintenance support to all departments and facilities with a commitment to safety, employee health, protection of the environment, regulatory compliance, equipment availability, and cost. Maintenance records must be kept in compliance with cGMP's, FDA, OSHA and other regulatory authorities. Working flexible across a broad range of mechanical skills and participation within self-managed work teams is required. The work environment for Facilities technicians is distinguished by planning and scheduling, individual job planning is required; active participation in departmental scheduling is encouraged. Training for and participation on Emergency Response Team is required. Availability for overtime and some shift work is also required.
Required Experience & Technical Requirements
- High School diploma or GED with advanced technical training or work experience judged to be equivalent.
- Familiar with OSHA, Environmental, Safety and Health regulations.
- Five years maintenance experience in chemical manufacturing environment.
- Available to work overtime when required to and respond to off-hours emergency call-ins.
- Working knowledge of pumps, mechanical seals, agitator drives, chillers, reciprocating compressors, HVAC systems, pneumatic and hydraulic applications, and other pharmaceutical chemical manufacturing equipment (glass, special alloys, etc.).
- Must be medically cleared to wear appropriate personal protective equipment - respirators, hearing protection, Tyvek Suits, etc.
- Must be able to pass background checks required to work in the vicinity of Rhodes' various drug products.
- Familiar with solids processing / materials handling equipment, vacuum systems and precision machine components.
- Familiar with computerized maintenance systems, especially SAP and Beamex.
- Must be able to read and understand P&ID's, Process Flow Diagrams, and other engineering documentation.
- Participate on and maintain certification for the site Emergency Response team.
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its associated U.S. companies are known for pioneering research on the principal cause of human suffering: chronic pain. Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, it is one of the fastest-growing pharmaceutical companies in the world today. Purdue Pharma has led the battle against inadequate treatment of pain by developing long-acting pain-control medications that are prescribed by healthcare professionals around the world. As the sponsor of Partners Against Pain, the company provides community outreach and educational programs to encourage the therapeutic alliance of patients, their families, caregivers, and healthcare professionals.
- Familiar with cGMP environments.
- Additional experience in chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Advanced Technical or Engineering Training.
- Advanced knowledge or experience in steam boiler, industrial HVAC, waste handling operations and maintenance.
- Advanced knowledge or experience with refrigeration and cryogenic equipment.
- Predictive / Proactive Maintenance Tools and Technologies.
- Practical personal computer skills, knowledge of MS Office products.
- Rigging Skills.
- Carpentry Skills.
- Advanced Pipe Welding Skills.
- Basic understanding of electrical equipment.Brief Description/Overview:
Benefits: Purdue offers a wide range of competitive benefits to all full-time employees. Our benefit package includes a variety of benefit programs to provide for the health, welfare and financial security of our employees and their families.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, M/F/D/V. Corporate standards require pre-employment drug testing and background investigation.
If you are interested in a specific open position, you must apply online by visiting our website at www.purduepharma.com. No hard copy resumes will be considered.
Purdue Pharma L.P. - 17 months ago