David Evans and Associates is currently seeking a Business Analyst to join our project team for our client based in Vancouver, WA. Provide technical support to the transmission scheduling staff and management, acting as a liaison between the real time scheduling function and the rest of the agency. Coordinate and perform scheduling data analysis to support various department and/or agency projects and initiatives. Actively document, investigate and resolve scheduling system software issues, working closely with Commercial Business System staff and developers. Develop requirements for new scheduling system functionality and test for user acceptance. The position will interact with Transmission Account Executives, Policy, Contract, Billing, and Commercial Business System personnel, as well as external Transmission customers.
Position Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Analyze agency and industry initiatives to determine impact to transmission scheduling functions. Provide input on behalf of transmission scheduling to ensure implementation feasibility. Inform management of needed process changes.
- Coordinate data requests for scheduling-related activities (i.e. curtailments) for a variety of internal and external clients, clarifying and documenting the requestor’s requirements.
- Gather data from various commercial systems to satisfy customer data requests, or for department analysis and problem resolution, or for determining new policy or alternative methods of conducting business.
- Analyze data for accuracy, adequacy, and reasonableness ensuring customer satisfaction and/or project success.
- Develop business and functional requirements and specifications for scheduling system functionality.
- Develop and participate in testing commercial business system software releases on behalf of real time scheduling staff.
- Develop and execute communication plans to keep management, scheduling staff and customers informed of business and process changes.
- Research scheduling system issues occurring in real time scheduling and reservation activities, fully documenting system problems, providing research and results to commercial system staff members, and providing all available evidence of the problem. Provide feedback to scheduling staff on status of issue resolution.
- Develop and support the complete documentation of real time transmission scheduling processes and procedures to promote consistent compliance with potentially sanctionable NERC Reliability standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Economics, Business, Engineering, Computer Science or a related field is required.
- Related Experience - Direct work experience leading multi-dimensional groups in the development of actionable implementation plans, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Minimum Experience Required: Level 1 - requires 1/2 to 4 years work-related experience.
- Experience in organization planning with a focus on clearly defined responsibility lanes, resource needs and functionality assessments.
General Skills Requirements:
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to develop a detailed work plan to ensure project success.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Software (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook Project, Visio, MS Project and SharePoint); (MS Office 2010 proficiency required).
- Skilled in the creation of Excel and Word documents, Power Point presentations, and MS Project plans.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and facilitate large cross functional meetings.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve issues.
- Ability to carry out assigned tasks with a professional demeanor reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning, problem solving and root cause identification abilities
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Proven ability to work under pressure in constantly changing and demanding environments; must demonstrate flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Self-directed and assertive in pursuit of root cause analysis, missing information and data requirements.
- Ability to meet timelines, milestones, deliverables and provide timely (weekly) status updates
**Interested and qualified candidates may apply directly, or by sending a resume to eai(at)deainc.com
Since its founding in 1976 in Portland, Ore., DEA has become a recognized leader for progressive and sustainable design and management...