Berkshire Property Advisors, L.L.C . is a national management company that owns and operates more than 90 properties across the US. As a leader in the property management industry for over 4 decades, Berkshire Property Advisors has the one asset that sets us apart from the others –Berkshire people!
Learn the industry from the ground up. Our forward thinking training strategies will give you all the tools and knowledge that you need to succeed.
Dream and imagine yourself going to places and conquering challenges that you never thought possible.
Reach and set your sights on the top! Achieve your goals and relish in your success. Berkshire recognizes a job well done and creates a thriving environment for its people.
Explore the possibilities! With our accelerated growth, there are lots of career opportunities in cities across the country.
We are seeking for a Property Manager who is good humored, performance driven, resident focused, supervisor, teacher, mentor, and coach!
Under the general direction of the District Manager , the Property Manager will own and drive all property operations for assigned property of Berkshire Property Advisors.
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
- Demonstrate and ensure staff maintain professional levels of personal appearance, hygiene, courtesy and telephone manner at all times while at work.
- In conjunction with the Regional Vice President/District Manager, the Senior Property Manager will assist in formulation of budgets and business plans for each upcoming calendar year. The Property Manager is responsible for ensuring primary property and assigned properties stay within the established budget guidelines throughout the year.
- Ensure that all rents are collected when due, and posted in a timely manner. Makes sure that all bank deposits are made daily.
- Authorize all adjustments to accounts on primary property. Coordinate with Training Director.
- Perform evictions in accordance with local laws for primary property.
- Constant vendor/contractor communications concerning work scheduling, billings, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
- Property Manager is responsible for approving and submitting all invoices to the appropriate office for payment, request necessary authorizations and operate the computer A/P system for primary property.
- Personally control and safeguard Petty Cash Fund, submit timely reimbursement requests, regularly balance fund.
- Review and sign off on all dispositions.
- Read and understand the financial statement and all required financial reports.
- Hire, recruit, train, motivate and supervise all on-site staff in order to achieve operational goals of assigned properties. This includes new employee indoctrination, annual performance reviews, counseling, instructing and advising on-site staff of employee procedures and guidelines.
- Conduct on-going training with office staff; e.g., leasing paperwork, workplace safety, fair housing and any other type of training that may be needed on a daily basis.
- Conduct regular staff meetings.
- Maintain personnel files to include accurate attendance, vacation and sick time information. Review and approve timesheets. Ensure confidentiality of information.
- Request overtime only if absolutely necessary; obtain Regional Vice President/District Manager approval prior to overtime except in cases of emergency.
- Ensure that lease files are complete and that completion of lease and lease addendums are executed properly.
- Responsible for office opening on schedule, condition of office, model apartments and show units.
- Attend all meetings and training as required (nationally and regionally).
- Maintain records on all aspects of management activity on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Review for accuracy all reports submitted to appropriate office on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Maintain all files and dead files in accordance with company policy and conduct ongoing audits of all leasing, bookkeeping and maintenance records and lease/resident files.
- Create on-site goal boards.
- Maintain positive customer service attitude and provide quality customer service to prospective and existing residents .
- Inspections with residents at move-in/move-out when applicable.
- Review all notices to vacate to determine the cause of the move-out.
- Maintain professional resident communications; e.g., concerns, service requests and property newsletters.
- Attend resident retention activities as required.
- Physically walk and inspect property on a regular basis; check on vacant apartments.
- Update vacancy status on a daily basis. Coordinate with maintenance and make-ready staff to ensure timely recondition of apartments after move-out.
- Monitor all maintenance activities.
- Submit market surveys monthly in a timely and accurate manner. Shop competition and be aware of neighborhood market conditions.
- Liaise with Regional Vice President/District Manager and Marketing Director on advertising and promotions.
- Welcome and show property to prospective new residents. Also, handle incoming phone calls from prospective new residents and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Maintain awareness of market/industry conditions and trends via trade publications, professional organizations, etc.
- Assist with creation and monitor offsite, corporate, and locator marketing programs.
- Provide list of Hot Sheet and/or “show units” daily. Review property status and activity reports daily.
- Provide list of Hot Sheet and/or “show units” daily. Review property status and activity reports daily for primary property.
- Review rental applications and sign approval or rejection of prospects.
- Prepare and submit monthly lease renewal requests to Regional Vice President/District Manager on a timely basis. Ensure lease renewal notices sent to residents as your state and local laws dictate.
- Report all liability and property incidents to the appropriate office immediately. Ensure that all workers' compensation claims are reported and proper paperwork is completed.
- Property Manager will complete any pertinent safety checklists with maintenance staff.
- Prepare and submit Manager’s Incident Reports. Obtain and record Loss Codes as needed.
- Ensure there is a viable and relevant Disaster and Emergency Plan for the property and brief staff on plan. Document and discuss any other life-safety issues on the property as they occur (i.e. missing railings, missing utility covers).
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Perform any additional duties or tasks as assigned by the Regional Vice President/District Manager or District Manager.
- The Company may revise this job description from time to time as business needs require. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all the functions of the job, nor is to limit the Company right to assign other functions to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Technical/ Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates Degree preferred.
- At least five years experience in multifamily real estate
- One year experience in supervising employees preferred
- Microsoft suite software experience (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc)
- Telephone headset and computer usage experience required
- Experienced in troubleshooting problems and making
- Understands budget and financial statements
Berkshire Property Advisors - 19 months ago