Organization: Systems Integration and Technology
Location preference: - NY/NJ/Chicago/Minneapolis/Atlanta/San Francisco
Travel: 100% (Monday - Friday)
If you join Accenture you can make great ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
workforce is involved in business consulting, process design work and the application of technologies to business. A career in Consulting is varied and stimulating because each project presents a new challenge and will give you exposure to new clients, business issues, technologies and people. We need people who are able to challenge conventional thought, offer unique perspectives and conceive more innovative solutions for our clients.
Working as a consultant with Accenture, you will build core business, technology and industry expertise helping to deliver world-class business and technology solutions that enable clients to become high performance businesses. Consultants must be professionals who have an interest in how business processes work and interact. In addition, consultants need to apply their skills in project and program management while exhibiting leadership in process re-engineering and implementation of process, technology, and organizational change. Finally, consultants also need to have a working knowledge of the industry and/or the functional areas they serve.
The Consulting workforce is made up of three groups: Management Consulting, Systems Integration Consulting and Technology Consulting. This consulting group structure provides outstanding opportunities to develop highly specialized skills that will help you advance your career.
Systems Integration Consulting professionals are responsible for delivering large-scale, complex programs that marry processes with technology to help our clients achieve high performance.
Store Systems Consulting professionals are responsible for delivering large-scale, complex programs that integrate business processes with industry leading store technologies to help our clients achieve high performance. Store Systems Consultants have skills in implementing best of breed store solutions such as Retalix and SAP, including business process design, package configuration, packaging integration, and full software development lifecycle experience. Specifically, for this position, the role will work with the Solution architect who is responsible for integrating a cloud based loyalty system platform with POS and other stores systems applications for large scale U.S. and global retailers. The role requires understanding of various retail systems, loyalty systems and POS systems. It would be beneficial to have large scale systems integration experience.
This role is part of a greenfield application (product) that is being built. The application is very high volume (10-15 M transaction per day) and data intense (around 500 TB in 3 years). The application will be provided as cloud SaaS solution to coupons.com partners which is termed as revolutionary in many ways. The application has a B2B and a B2C aspect to it.
Key Activities for the Role
- Participate in Technology Due-Diligence meetings with Retail architects
- Assist in preparing detailed Integration specs for retail integration
- Assist in gathering and defining business and technical requirements for each integration.
- Assist in defining design approach for integration based on requirements
- Assist with coordination with development team for integration
- Ability to meet travel requirements (100%)
Additional Preferred Skill Requirements:
- 3+ years of retail system implementation experience
- 2+ years of experience implementing retail store systems including one or more of Loyalty Systems, Ecommerce customer account systems, Offer Management systems, Master Data & POS systems. Experience with Oracle, SAP, Retalix, or other POS and store focused best of breed packages. Candidate experience with these package should include Point-of-Service, Returns Management, Store Inventory Managment, Labels, Signs, Mobile POS, and integration to Web Services.
- Understanding of key Retail Systems including one or more of Loyalty Systems, Ecommerce customer account systems, Offer Management systems, Master Data & POS systems.
- Requirements gathering, process design, configuration, functional design, or testing experience
- Experience working for a professional services organization, software vendor or retail company
- Bachelor degree required
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Microsoft Power Point, Project and Excel skills
- Store Operations or in-store retail experience
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Strong team players able to work effectively with business and IT professionals
- Ability to independently research market trends in retail IT and operations
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require
now or in the future
sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accenture - 2 years ago
For Accenture, the accent is on helping businesses improve their performance. The world's largest consulting firm, Accenture offers a...