SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position is accountable to maintain environmental, safety and health compliance for the facility and coordinate activities to maintain compliance with Eaton Cooper’s OSHME and EMSE requirements. In addition, this position assists with manufacturing and facility engineering projects. The EHS Engineer works with employees at all levels of the organization. A strong and visible presence on the shop floor is expected. This position also interacts directly with the Regional EHS Director assigned to this division.
- Assure compliance to environmental and safety regulations and to Federal, State and Eaton Cooper’s EH&S standards. Maintain EHS Compliance Calendar and ensure required activities occur to maintain site EHS compliance.
- Identify new equipment and manufacturing technologies and make recommendations regarding equipment, plant changes in manufacturing facilities, including material flow and plant design. Prepare capital equipment requests (AFE’s) as required.
- Manage the Cooper EH&S system in collaboration with plant personnel, design and deliver training, and assure all modules are in compliance through periodic auditing and monitoring of the programs.
- Lead and/or participate in the investigation of employee concerns, EHS Incidents, and Employee Observations/ Near Misses, along with corrective action development, implementation and follow-up.
- Maintain and communicate EHS metrics as required, to facility, division and/or corporate EHS management.
- Monitor safety program measurement data and report out to management on this data monthly. Maintain Eaton Cooper’s OSHME and EMSE safety measurement system data. Ensure EHS reviews are integrated into the Management of Change process and the Lean efforts.
- Prepare and submit required EH&S reports, forms and permits. Maintain system to track necessary data for environmental reports, along with timely report submittal (Form R, Tier II, Stormwater, air emissions reports, etc). Act as the facility EHS contact with government EHS agencies.
- Assure that equipment and processes are operating in compliance with applicable EH&S regulations.
- Actively involved with Joint and Executive Safety and Environmental Committees; evaluate recommendations; develop and implement corrective actions; plan activities in conjunction with other department managers to avoid disruption of production schedules and activities.
- Coordinate external facility contract services and ensure contractor compliance with Eaton Cooper’s safety policies.
- Responsible for cost productivity projects in support of location profit plan..
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years EH&S experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Relevant experience in the application and integration of EHS with Lean and Six Sigma
About Eaton's Cooper Crouse-Hinds Location(s)
Whatever lifestyle you are looking for, you are likely to find it here! More importantly with an average commute time of less than 20 minutes and median home price of $87,000 you’ll have the time and money to take it all in!
For anyone who loves the outdoors, you will find lakes, mountains, parks and natural wonders unique to Central New York, just a short drive away. Residents enjoy access to 25% of the world's fresh water, The Adirondack Park, with 6 million acres to explore, the Thousand Islands, with 1,793 islands spanning 50 miles and the Finger Lakes Region, with 100+ wineries, 5 wine trails and 11 state parks! The Syracuse area is also known to be a winter playground to many who enjoy, skiing, snowmobiling, snow shoeing and sledding. If you haven’t experienced the four seasons here, you will absolutely fall in love the magnificent Springs, pleasant Summers, breathtaking Falls, and pristine, Winters that make up Syracuse, NY.
No matter what you like to do for fun, there is a little something for everyone. The Syracuse downtown area is a vibrant and growing community with shops, restaurants, nightspots, and monthly festivals that fill our various outdoor venues and architecturally impressive and historic buildings. If you enjoy college sports you must experience seeing Syracuse athletics in the world famous “loud house”!
In Syracuse you don't have to go far to find a high quality education. In addition to various outstanding and nationally recognized K-12 school districts, there’re also 10 colleges and universities in the immediate area and 25 others within a 100-mile radius. 138,000 students from around the world attend schools in this area. With an area so rich with universities and a workforce that is 20% above the national average for holding advanced degrees, it is not surprising that $1.2 billion annually is invested in R&D projects underway at the region's 6 largest universities.
The Syracuse area is also home to several world class hospitals and specialized medical facilities. Over 1,600 general and specialty physicians practice in the area. The region is also a center of medical education and research and home to the new Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital.
Did you know that Syracuse was:
We invite you to come see why 1.5 million people choose to live in the greater Syracuse, NY area also known as the Center State NY region. You’re going to like the way we live!
- Ranked #1 by CNN Money as the most affordable place to live.
- Ranked #4 on Forbes’ list of Best Places to Raise a Family.
- Ranked #10 on Businessweek.com’s list of the 20 best places for jobseekers to “start over.”
- Named one of America’s Strongest Cities by The Brookings Institute.
- Named one of top 10 healthiest cities by Parenting magazine.
- Recognized as a top-20 City for Weathering the Recession by The Brookings Institution.
- Named as of one of America’s Best Places for Business, by Forbes and named by Business Facilities magazine as one of 7 best U.S. locations for business relocation and expansion
- Ranked #14 among “Next Cities” for young professionals, by Next Generation Consulting
- Ranked #17 among America’s Greenest Cities in Popular Science (#2 in the Northeast) and recognized as one of the nation’s top 20 green leaders in National Geographic’s Green Guide.
- Ranked #17 on Portfolio.com’s Fun Index of America’s 100 biggest cities; #2 in New York State
- Named as of one of the Best Places to Retire, U.S. News & World Report
Eaton's Cooper Crouse-Hinds, LLC is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
- 3 years ago - save job