[AGENCY DISCLAIMER: Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters can be found on cargill.com/careers]
Associate Food Technologist - Bakery
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities.
Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values.
Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and
people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
This Associate Food Technologist position will work in the Cargill Food Applications NA organization dedicated to the Bakery Segment. This position plays a key role in developing, formulating, analyzing, and providing scale up support for new and existing products. This Associate Food Technologist will reside in the North America Applications Innovation Center in Parkers Lake and will interact with both business units and customers. This is a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to demonstrate technical skills and capabilities in a fast emerging, highly dynamic and technical business environment.
This position focuses on providing lab and application support within the Bakery Applications Team supporting a wide range of project activities including:
Product development and improvements
Development and validation of new ingredient systems
Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Lead a number of projects independently
- Assist other scientists with projects
- Work with cross functional teams
- Assist in scale-up and start-up of new products
- Production of bench top prototype and scale-up samples for internal, customer, and consumer tests
- Nutrition and cost analysis of formulas
- Develop technical expertise in bakery products
- Compliance with all Cargill Food Safety and Environmental Health and Safety policies
- Document and protect all information as required by company policy
- Track and manage progress and time spent on projects
- Communicate effectively with manager and BU clients and external customers
- Have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Other duties as required
Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or related field
Willingness to perform routine tasks
Basic food ingredient knowledge and ability to formulate food products
Demonstrated problem-solving skills
Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
Effective communication skills (written, verbal, and listening)
Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Ability to travel up to 15%
1 year food formulation experience (preferably in bakery products)
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
Research and Development
Cargill - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers,...