Ensures the highest quality standards are met in clean, orderly, attractive, and properly stocked guestrooms and public areas while contorlling amenity and linen supplies/quantities, labor, and hotel inspections.
Schedules all housekeeping employees to ensure adequate day and night housekeeping coverage.
On a daily basis assigns employees their keys, workstation areas and special instructions.
Maintains inventory control of master keys.
Schedules evening turn down service when required.
Inspects all rooms, public areas and dorms to ensure conformance to the Company’s prescribed standards of cleanliness is met.
Checks discrepancies regarding daily rooms report with Guest Services Manager.
Inventories stock bi-weekly to ensure adequate supplies and makes warehouse orders.
Working with the Location Manger, ensures quality control of turn down service.
Communicates with the Central Laundry Manager on linen needs.
Oversees the sorting of soiled linen and receiving of clean linen.
Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and takes corrective action.
Assists room attendants with cleaning and room make up responsibilities, when necessary. (see job description, Room Attendant). Works closely with the Guest Services Manager and maintenance personnel to ensure rooms and public areas are not used unless all maintenance items are taken care of and rooms are truly vacant and clean.
Organizes and directs the department training programs to ensure all safety and cleanliness standards set by the Company and the National Park Service are met.
Maintains a clean and organized work area, including linen closets, housekeeping carts and office.
Resolves personnel problems and makes recommendations to the Location Manager.
Is in charge of the Lost and Found Department, including keeping all found items locked safely away and inventoried by day, room number and the person who found the item.
Patrols the total premises daily to note lack of attention to established standards.
Accompanies the National Park Service Inspector at all inspections.
Enforces all Company policies and regulations.
Adheres to and enforces strong environmental and safety ethics by following the standards set forth in our environmental and safety programs.
Assists other departments or with other job duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Must have the ability to organize teams to promote efficiency and monitor their progress.
- Prior industrial/commercial housekeeping experience preferred.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team.
- Must be organized, with an eye for detail.
- Must complete mandatory training period after arrival at appointed location. A Rooms Division representative will provide training that will include the review of the Housekeeping Manual, and the understanding and training in HOW-WHAT-WHEN-WHY use of approved/authorized detergents, chemicals in the daily cleaning of guest accommodations, bathrooms and public areas.
- Commitment to the quality Housekeeping Standards learned during the training period.
- Must be able to relate with guests in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Must be able to work with NPS Inspectors in a courteous and friendly manner.(in Park lodges and motor inns only).
- Must be able to handle guest concerns in a professional and tactful manner.
- Must be friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers
Guest accommodation and public areas of a historic hotel/motor inn.
Job requires constant walking, bending, stretching and moving, including climbing staircases.
Job requires working long hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Glacier Park INC - 13 months ago
Glacier Park, Inc. (GPI) is an independent hotel operator in the Glacier National Park area and the city of Whitefish in Northwest Montana....