This position is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining a global employee communications strategy and program that helps employees better understand the Sensus business, values, mission and vision and how their contributions affect the success of the company.
The Employee Communications Manager will assist the company in creating a culture that will instill among employees a sense of pride in working for Sensus and a desire to be effective brand ambassadors.
This position requires the proficient use of various communication vehicles and tactics including emails, newsletters, training programs, web sites and Intranets, employee forums and meetings, social media and multi-media.
The Employee Communications Manager will counsel other company managers on the best approach for the development and delivery of information to employees.
This position will also work closely with the Corporate Communications Manager, Marketing Communications Managers and Human Resources in developing messaging and content for the employee base.
Education and Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as communications, journalism, marketing or English is required.
• A minimum of five years of experience in a marketing and corporate communications setting with at least three years of experience in employee communications is desired.
• Excellent writing, editing and project management skills.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to interact with employees at all levels in the organization.
• Experience with multiple communications vehicles, including digital and print. Event management experience desired.
• The ability to distill subject matter into communication that is understood by all levels of the organization and delivered through appropriate channels is required.
• Exceptional computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office, SharePoint and In Design is required. Audio and video editing software experience is highly desired.
• Familiarity with tools for measuring the effectiveness of communications programs including surveys, focus groups or other methods is required.
Sensus is a leading utility infrastructure company offering smart meters, communication systems, software and services for the electric, gas, and water industries. Sensus technology helps utilities drive operational efficiency and customer engagement with applications that include advanced meter reading, data acquisition, demand response, distribution automation, home area networking and outdoor lighting control. Customers worldwide trust the innovation, quality and reliability of Sensus solutions for the intelligent use and conservation of energy and water. Learn more at www.sensus.com.
Sensus - 13 months ago